“excellent experience”
Review of Ukutula Lion Park

Ukutula Lion Park
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Brits
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The lion park tour is a fantastic way to learn about lions. It's amazing to cuddle baby lions and walk with 2 'grown-up' lions. The guides are passionate and very well-informed. The park breeds lions to release into the wild or national parks to maintain lion numbers.

There are newer reviews for Ukutula Lion Park

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Have been to Ukutula before and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the day. Ukutula have built a new reception and buildings and the place looks great. My daughter and I really enjoyed the visit. Staff and volunteers very friendly. My daughter had reservations about visiting a lion park but came away thinking that the place is well run and the animals seem well looked after.......she loved the cubs!

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I volunteered at Ukutula for two weeks in January 2014. This place is just amazing and run so well. The owners Gill and Willi are so so lovely and are so passionate about their animals and what they do.

The park has many adult lions, lots of cubs and 'little devils' (still babies but much bigger cubs) that you can get up close and personal with. They also have hyenas, cheetahs, baby warthogs, tigers and much more.

Highly recommend either volunteering here or at least visiting for a day or staying a night or two. You will not regret it!!

2  Thank naomifoster
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Ukutula was absolutely amazing! We volunteered there for 2 weeks in September and it was just amazing! I was worried before we left about everything but there really was nothing to worry about, it is run so well. The owners of the park are lovely and so caring for the animals. We cared for the cubs everyday, feeding them and getting to know their personalities. We went on lion walks with the bigger ones and had some fantastic photos! Everyone that works there were lovely people and the bar prices in the evening were so reasonable! My only advice would be if you are a terribly fussy eater then take some snacks but they do try very hard to please everybody! I would reccomend this to everybody with no negatives at all. We are already hoping to go back next year and just couldn't get enough of it while we were there! If you can, volunteer here! It's such an experience even down to getting the vegetables for the game animals and preparing the bottles and meat for the cubs!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

A really amazing place, well organized with excellent facilities.
You can see white lions, get close to young lions, handle cubs, walk with older lions in the bush (you have to do this!)
They have research programs running with universities from around the world.
The breeding program ensures healthy lions.
Staff could not have been more helpful.
book in advance as they can be busy.