“An Experience to Remember”
Review of Ukutula Lion Park

Ukutula Lion Park
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Brits
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Lest I inundate you with superlatives, suffice it to say that everything about our Ukutula experience either met or well exceeded our expectations. The accommodations were more than adequate, the food was very good, and staff was extremely welcoming. But of course the interaction with the animals is what makes this place so special.

My dad and I spent three nights there so we were really able to take our time and enjoy ourselves. Michelle, Prizza, and Monica (just to name a few) were exceptional. Whether it was playing with the cubs, the Interactives, the Devils, or walking with the larger lions, they were always friendly, communicative, and knowledgeable.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

My family and I had a week in South Africa and the "not for sissies" tours where the star of our week.
The service was wonderful!
We highly recomend the lion farm, Ukutula. A define 5 stars! *****

Reviewed November 21, 2013

It was good to experience the alccommodation on offer at Ukutula which was great. Very spacious rooms, lounge, dinning room and great terrace. Kitchen fully equipped - and still the option to have meals at the lodge as long they are ordered in advance.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I travelled to South Africa with my teenage daughter and Ukutula Lion Park was recommended to us by one of the rangers who used to work there. It was a wonderful experience, from the moment we arrived and holding the one week old lion cubs to our walk with the more mature lions through the bush, it was a very well organised and run with very knowledgeable staff. It was particularly special for my daughter to be able to observe (and hold) young lion cubs upto 20 weeks old and this was an experience she will clearly never forget. All in all, a great day out and well worth the effort to travel there.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Sometimes I think I use too many superlatives in my reviews (Happy Traveller ;-) ), but this was such a great experience. You can cuddle lion cubs (it was too hot in the afternoon, so they were a little grumpy) and play with young lions (several months old), but also walk with adult lions. The staff took us out (9 of us) with 2 young adult lions and threw and placed chicken around so we could observe them. An absolutely enjoyable and informative time.

There are also tigers and other cats and the guides explained the differences in their behaviour brilliantly.