“Over priced.”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Good friendly service, didn't have to wait too long for our food. Unfortunately it was very over priced for what it was. Red Mullet starter, £7.50, incredibly small, literally 3 mouthfuls and it was gone, not offered bread, very nice mushroom wellington, good size portion and very tasty. Pudding, syrup sponge, nearly £6.00, definitely not homemade, very average taste, looked like it came from a supermarket. One of our party had steak which they said was lovely. Overall a fairly pleasant evening but would not go back due to the price, £120 for 3 of us, I felt this was alot for pub food.

1  Thank rugbyclown
There are newer reviews for Bartons Mill

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I brought a friend here I seldom see for a relaxing afternoon chat and snack. On walking in the main door we couldn't tell where we should go to eat and there was no-one around to ask, the bar had a long queue so I couldn't push in to ask. Eventually I found a member of staff who explained the restaurant was full so we would need to eat in the bar.

Our sandwiches arrived but no cutlery, napkin or offer of sauces. I looked around and found a station with all these items, but we hadn't been told we needed to go and get our own. No check was made during the meal that everything was OK, the waitress looked miserable and didn't smile or say anything positive or polite to us.

From the website Bartons Mill looked like it would provide a nice cosy place for us to spend an afternoon, but it felt no better than a McDonalds, in fact the service is better in McDonalds. We ate up and left.

1  Thank Wanderlust7474
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Quick service and lovely lunch time snacks. The place has lots of character and is lovely in the sunshine in the garden.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Came for Sunday lunch (13/10/13) and decided on a roast. We were seated upstairs in a gorgeous barn style part of the restaurant. We were not expecting the spotless silver service style table complete with tablecloth and starched napkins....afterall we expected a rustic pub lunch...
we looked at each other thinking this was going to be expensive!!!!....how wrong we were...

We both opted for the Sunday roast. I had the beef and it arrived hot and rare as I requested and it melted in the mouth....and there was loads of it...4 thick. healthy slices no less. The veg was hot and crisp and the roast potatoes just short of perfect...and I usually go for mash!!!

The service from the lovely Eastern European waitress (sorry we didn't get her name) was attentive, subtle and professional.

We were there for just under 3 hours, had 2 pints of lager, a lime and soda, 2 large house reds ( which incidently was quality ...and i know my reds) , a coffee, 2 roast dinners and 2 large desserts...and all for just £44...amazing....
Thank you..we will be back

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Catered for us really well, gluten allergies and young baby in tow.
Great to meet up with friends, we were well looked after. Good value, food good but good improve on taste and range.