“Plaisance surprise - such good food in a small town.” 4 of 5 bubbles

le Plaisantin
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Plaisance
Cuisines: French
Boston, Massachusetts
“Plaisance surprise - such good food in a small town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Plaisance du Gers is in the land of duck farms not too far from Spain. It is so small you can walk all around it in a very short time. We would call it "the sticks" but fear not, we are in France so there is good food to be had. I would be very happy eating at le Plaisantin every day. It is lively with people eating outside or having a beer or a coffee while they work on their computers. Free wifi) and the food is really good. I had the lamb chops done au point. My companions enjoyed the salads, which are the unique specialty. If I were to return I would definitely try the duck confit and the goat cheese salad. The highlight for me was Crème Brulée, beautifully presented in an earthenware dish for about $3.00. Do not expect to get such a delight outside of France for under $15! If there is another place to eat in Plaisance which is most probably equally as good. For me, French is so good, I sometimes wonder how Lafayette could leave France for the 3+ years it took for him to help us win the American Revolution. Merci bien Lafayette! The ultimate sacrifice.

• Visited July 2011