We stayed at Brook Boutique Hotel & Spa from the 11th - 14th Feb 2013. We left the main road, driving deep into the coconut plantation, before arriving at the open air hotel reception. We were shown into an air conditioned lounge, offered a cooling fruit drink and given the warmest welcome I have ever had!
My friend and I stayed in a twin bedded luxury garden chalet, with its own private garden and plunge pool - I liked the addition of the gym equipment and using it made me feel virtuous, before lounging on the oh-so comfy rocking chair out front, whilst watching the abundant bird life.
The room was large, very relaxing and had amazingly comfortable beds. Everything was clean and there were some nice touches like a hair dryer and a beach bag and towels for you to use.
The food was simply fantastic. The head chef came to see me to ask what vegetarian food I liked (everything he cooked, as it happened!) and the meals served to us were lovely to look at, and even better to eat! For breakfast, there was fresh bread, muffins, croissants, full English, Sri Lankan curries and even porridge - delicious.
The staff were truly lovely and I felt as if I was part of the extended family, nothing - and I mean nothing, was too much trouble. One night it rained heavily when we wanted to go to dinner; one quick phone call to reception and they came and collected us in a car, dropping us back at our door when we were ready to watch a bit of telly and go to bed. Now that's proper service in my view.
The spa is rustic in style, but the full body massage was really good, leaving me feeling relaxed and totally at peace with the world.
The surroundings at Brook are beautiful and enchanting, we didn't have time to go on the river walk and so that will be my reason for going back to that lovely hotel sooner, rather than later.
Thank you to all at Brook.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World Luxury Hotel Award winner 2012 best Luxury Country Hotel in Indian continent, Melsiripura-hub to many Cultural Heritage sites; on 80 acre fruit-growing estate.(Close to Dambulla) 5 Superior rooms, 3 Luxury Garden Chalets,2 Bedroom Luxury Villa, Flat screen satellite TV-DVD-Internet. In room T/Coffee- 300 thread-count bed-linen/Pillow Menu, AC/fans, safes, minibar, hairdryer, iron, robes. Designer bathrooms-state of art body-showers. Chalets with secluded gardens-Jacuzzi or plunge pool,Magnificent hilltop swimming pool. Brook running through estate with natural pool, A la carte and Fine Dining. lounge with variety of board-games. Designer Jewelry shop-Book/DVD Libraries. Child policy 7+ Ideal for bird-watching and relaxing. Day tours recommended from the hotel are:Pinnawala, Dambulla, Sigiriya, Kandy, Na Uyana, Arankelle, Rideegama, Matale.140 Kms to Colombo ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Brook Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook Boutique Hotel Melsiripura
- Brook Boutique Hotel And Spa