This was our third visit to Brook and even though our previous visits were wonderful this one exceeded all our expectations. We took some friends who had never been before and they were blown away. Everything was absolutely perfect from start to finish. From the very special warm personal welcome from Karen and Pubudu to the final team photo with the excellent staff.
We were lucky enough to have the two bedroom villa with its own jacuzzi pool and garden, with sunbeds and rocking chairs to relax in, a lovely sitting room and kitchenette with 2 fridges for all the beer and wine! The beds can not be beaten... The best sleep to be had in Sri Lanka with the softest pillows and downy white duvets.
We relaxed in the bar overlooking the gardens and sampled the extensive range of drinks before dinner. When the sun goes down flaming torches are lit in on the pathways. Dinner was 4 courses (5 if you include the sorbet) of divine cuisine, seafood, steak, imaginative desserts and specially created soups. The chef himself comes to the table to make sure everyone is happy.
Breakfast is an absolutely unbelievable feast. Sri Lankan curries with all the accompaniments, rice, string hoppers, egg and plain hoppers, sambol. Also eggs how you like with mushrooms, tomato, two types of sausage, bacon, hash browns, baked beans! All just brought to the table as a matter of course. Then theres the waffles and maple syrup, fresh fruit, cheeses and biscuits... Not forgetting the freshly baked croissants, danish, bread and buns, washed down with tea, coffee, water and fresh fruit juice.
Once we managed to move from the breakfast table we made it to the hill top swimming pool surrounded by velvet grass and beautiful colourful flowers to spend an entire day laying on the sun loungers and drifting in the crytal clear pool enjoying the magnificent views of the mountain and the estate. The peace and tranquility has to be experienced to believe. No sounds except birds and insects, no pollution. An absolutely heavenly day. With another evening of good company, drinks and another fabulous culinary experience.
The staff were discreet, friendly and efficient, fulfilling our every need...... Bringing cans of beer in a huge punch bowl of ice up to the pool for us and quietly making sure that we had everything we needed to make our stay perfect the whole weekend.
There is a lovely country spa, a karaoke room and a games room but we were too busy doing nothing to do more than look at these..... Maybe next time.
My husband and I have travelled quite extensively in Sri Lanka and stayed in luxury hotels all over the island. We have to say that Brook Boutique could not be criticised for a single thing. We did not want to leave and will certainly be back again very soon. Big thankyou for an amazing weekend x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World Luxury Hotel Award winner 2012 best Luxury Country Hotel in Indian continent, Melsiripura-hub to many Cultural Heritage sites; on 80 acre fruit-growing estate.(Close to Dambulla) 5 Superior rooms, 3 Luxury Garden Chalets,2 Bedroom Luxury Villa, Flat screen satellite TV-DVD-Internet. In room T/Coffee- 300 thread-count bed-linen/Pillow Menu, AC/fans, safes, minibar, hairdryer, iron, robes. Designer bathrooms-state of art body-showers. Chalets with secluded gardens-Jacuzzi or plunge pool,Magnificent hilltop swimming pool. Brook running through estate with natural pool, A la carte and Fine Dining. lounge with variety of board-games. Designer Jewelry shop-Book/DVD Libraries. Child policy 7+ Ideal for bird-watching and relaxing. Day tours recommended from the hotel are:Pinnawala, Dambulla, Sigiriya, Kandy, Na Uyana, Arankelle, Rideegama, Matale.140 Kms to Colombo ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Brook Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook Boutique Hotel Melsiripura
- Brook Boutique Hotel And Spa