“Excellent service”
Review of The Belper Arms

The Belper Arms
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nestled amidst the beautiful Leicestershire countryside, The Belper Arms offers a warm, friendly atmosphere. Our traditional, family run pub and restaurant warmly invites you and your family to join us for a quiet drink, light lunch or sumptuous dinner. Our extensive menu is sure to tempt, as will our specialist evenings- Monday evening is 'Pie Night', Tuesday is 'Steak Night' or why not join us for a beautiful Sunday lunch! We're open from 12 noon every single day with our Chef's ready to freshly create your meal from 12 noon until 2.30 and 6pm 9pm Monday to Friday from 12 noon to 9pm Saturday and 12 noon to 6.30pm on a Sunday. We're also available to cater for private parties either in our restaurant or at your venue. 2015 we were honoured with the title of East Midlands and East Anglia Regional Best Newcomers in the Great British Pub Awards 2015
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We visit this pub frequently on pie nights and steak nights, the food is okay, But the staff make up for it and are always extremely helpful, And always serve us with a smile, The atmosphere would be much more welcoming if they had music on in the background!

1  Thank Publover4life

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a lovely old pub. The barman and waitress provided excellent service. A little background music would have given more atmosphere especially when other customers left and it felt like time to leave because it was so quiet. The breaded Brie starter was very enjoyable. I had fish and chips. The fish was a little small, it was all nice but not fantastic. My friend had pork and was expecting medallions but it turned out to be chops although she said they were tasty. I had Eton mess which was very disappointing. A couple of bits of meringue and strawberry under a glass of unpleasant cloggy cream. We had a groupon voucher so it was a cheap meal. Quantity good but quality a little lacking, but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I visit this pub very frequently as it very local for me and my friends, I go there for Sunday lunch most weeks. The problem I have is I have had as many good meals as I have had bad. Which makes a bit hit or miss. When it's good it's good. Also i do like the amount of dogs They let in, on some occasions its like kennel. If they could improve the consistency in the food quality and presentation this would be a very nice place to eat and i would recommend this pub. as it stands I would not wish to recommend this restaurant. Also when I go for just drinks I get slightly annoyed that they reserve every single table in the bar for dinners, so there is no place to sit for just a drink. The pub has a very nice restaurant they never use forcing drinkers out the door really cause there's no place to sit and it makes me feel slightly in welcome.

3  Thank TR1PST1CK
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We visit The Belper Arms on a very regular basis and are never disappointed.
The Sunday dinners are great value for money and are always to a consistant standard.
Tuesday night is steak night and again the value for monay and food are great but book to avoid dasappointment.
The staff are always very welcoming and friendly.
The pub is very cosy and a proper country pub whilst the restaurant is more open and airy.
Book a booth table in the bar area for a romantic evening.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is the 2nd Family Christmas night out we have had at the Belper Arms. I have to say that the Christmas menu was excellent. Being a vegaterian I usually find eating out a nightmare. But the Belper provided normal food in decent sized portions. All very tasty. The rest of my family also enjoyed their meals. The service was quick and they left us to enjoy our meal. Over all very good food and wine. Thank you to the Belper Arms.