“Reasonable food”

Sherbrooke Village Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Sherbrooke
“Reasonable food”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

After spending the day in Sherbrooke Village, we didn't want to drive far for dinner so we tried this place. We had surf and turf and poached salmon. Both dinners came with baked potatoes and carrots and green beans. The food was basic and not pretentious, but we have eated at fancier places where the food was not as good. Apparently the Inn has recently been taken over by the woman who was at the front when we arrived, and though we didn't stay here, we thought this was a reasonable place for dinner. I had pretty good rhubarb crumble for dessert while my wife passed on anything after dinner.

• Visited June 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent Nova Scotia country cooking”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have eaten in this restaurant on several occasions and have always found the food to be excellent. it reminds me of the best of Nova Scotian cooking of my youth. The food is honest, not pretentious. Staff are friendly and efficient. I wish I could find as good a restaurant here.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank James M
Saratoga County, NY
“Waitress Totaled the Bill Incorrectly”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is a review of the restaurant at Sherbrooke Village Inn, not the motel. We were staying at a nearby B&B and not here. The food at the restaurant was good, and would have resulted in a 4 Star rating, but when we received our hand written bill, a total that should have been about $50 had magically become over $63. I tried to see if the mistake was related to an extra dish, or a miscalculation of the tax, but finally decided that the waitress had put an incorrect total on the bottom. In addition, when we pointed out the error, she did not seem surprised. Based on this, it was our impression that the total had been incorrectly inflated with the hope that tired tourists would not notice.