Start with the good stuff:
1. The hotel design is nice. Open wood, muted greys and clean nice bathroom
2. The concept is nice - the idea of checking in and out automatically is very Tokyo
3. Central to Davos and only 10 mins walk to the sports centre and next to the main shops
Now the bad stuff:
1. Automated check in is great BUT that only works when you book directly with the hotel. Your agoda booking ref number for example is useless when you arrive and as this hotel is staff less and you deal with a machine at checkin, this results in a walk across the road to one of the other Morsani properties. Not a great issue but after a long drive - an annoyance
2. The design - although cool, the room is a tiny box and more stupidly, if you go out and do not fully close the bathroom door inside the room, a breeze (air con or open window) can push the door open such that when you try to open your door to get into the room you cannot because the bathroom door is jamming it shut. Again an annoyance as it happened to us 3 times during a two night stay
3. The sleep quality - quite possibly the worst nights sleep my wife and I have ever had. No air con control in the room so the temperature was tropical inside, alpine outside. Worst the pillows seem to be something derived from paper napkins (the thickness) and straw (the texture). For two nights neither my wife nor I slept more that 1 hour straight.
4. Parking - there is none. You have to park at another Morsani property (if there is a space which in hi season may be a big ask) or at one of the local parking lots which require a small mortgage
5. The price - Davos is expensive granted. A coffee here costs 6 CHF at the local take away (for half a cup). However, when you are paying 200+ EUR a night (out of season) you do not expect sleep quality of the kind we had.
Nice idea. Poorly executed. Poor amenities (don't hide behind the room only excuse). Very poor sleep quality. Could you sleep well here - yes but only if you bring your own pillow, ski 60kms every day and then drink your body weight in toffee vodka.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion and Expedia so you can book your Morosani Fiftyone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.