“A Tale of two Chez (Betty & Marie)”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Chez Betty

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
linsdayt
Melbourne, Australia
“A Tale of two Chez (Betty & Marie)”
Reviewed 2 weeks ago for a stay in June 2018

Due to works being done around Chez Betty our stay in Blond was moved to Chez Marie, located just outside Blond. Elaine keeped us well informed about the works and booked Chez Marie for us as a back up. If you must have a back up then ensure that you have a Chez Marie, this offered all of what we needed and anticipated. This is a delightful place to stay and Elaine could not be a better host.
We had a hire car for our time in France and the 8 days spent at Chez Marie. If you enjoy cycling (moderate level) Walking and driving then exploring, using Chez Marie as a base, is a great holiday.
Enjoying the private courtyard for reflecting on the day and planning the next days adventures was perfect.
The area has a lot to discover so spending time at Chez Marie is a worthwhile.

Jul 1, 2018
I am delighted to receive your review, to hear how pleased you are with the stay that you had at Chez Marie. I’m so glad that you were not inconvenienced by the necessary move over from Chez Betty, in the circumstances it was the best solution. I agree with you that the courtyard at Chez Marie is a special place, as is the area of Monts de Blond. With my thanks and best wishes Elaine
Gem C
London, United Kingdom
“Peaceful rural retreat”
Reviewed March 20, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Having stayed at Chez Marie a couple of years ago we decided this time to stay at Chez Betty, which offers the same excellent amenities and attention to detail. We loved the village location, directly opposite the fortified church, and being able to get fresh bread from the Boulangerie. We cooked most nights and the kitchen had every conceivable item we could ever need, and more!
The gite is beautifully decorated with great attention to detail; I especially loved the perfume bottles displayed in the bedroom and the separate dressing room. We opted for the additional package to have a basket of fire wood provided, and it was lovely to sit in front of the fire at night.
As we can now use our UK data allowance whilst travelling in the EU and received great 4G coverage in the village, we had no issue with no internet in the gite, and came to welcome the break from the internet!
Thanks to Elaine for making us feel so welcome, hopefully we'll see you again very soon.

Your age range 25-34
Mar 22, 2018
I was delighted to welcome you to stay at Chez Betty and am thrilled that you enjoyed your time here in Blond, as well as the freshly baked bread from the boulangerie :) Thank you so much for your very constructive and useful comments on the amenities of the gîte; we are so pleased that you enjoyed the fire. Now that you have tried out both Chez Marie and Chez Betty, I find myself wondering which one is your favourite? We sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to Blond again very soon, in the meantime I thank you so much for your very kind review.
Best wishes, Elaine BASTIAN
Steve B
“"Perfect Hideaway in rural France”
Reviewed March 18, 2018 for a stay in August 2017

My family of four instantly felt at home in this quaint gite tucked under the shadow of the impressive local village church. Chez betty is fully equipped and impeccably presented by the owners who live in the village and were very passionate about Blond and full of helpful tips for day trips and local amenities. The local (weekly) market is a must. We spent the best part of a day soaking up the atmosphere, meandering from stall to stall and sampling some of the best cheese, wine and local produce France has to offer. The countryside surrounding Blond is beautiful for long peaceful strolls and not to far from local towns for supplies and restaurants. If your looking for a quiet "authentic taste of France" type break, in a beautiful and loved property , book Chez Betty.

Mar 19, 2018
I am thrilled to have received your review of gîte Chez Betty, thank you so much for having taken the time to give us your feedback on your visit. We are so pleased that you were happy and comfortable during your stay, meaning that we fulfilled our aim, in that our guests are satisfied! Since your stay, Blond has changed its markets to August (melon and garlic fair) and December (capon fair) plus two brocante sales in April and October, and a Christmas Market on the third Sunday in December.
Thank you once more for your very kind compliments, we look forward to maybe welcoming you here again in the future.
Best wishes, Elaine BASTIAN
Colin C
“lovely amazing well lail out cottage with every thing you need”
Reviewed March 14, 2018 for a stay in September 2016

the cottage is in a lovely square by the church, with a restaurant & bakery close by.
easy reach of the airport & towns with great walks

Your age range 50-64
Mar 16, 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to review "Chez Betty" in Blond. I am very pleased that you liked your stay in the gîte and indeed in the village of Blond. I recall you saying that you found the gîte exceptionally well equipped! I hope that you'll be in the position to visit here again in the future. Best wishes.
treacleb0...
Ardara, Ireland
“Stunning gite in a pretty village location”
Reviewed March 13, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

We loved our week in Chez Betty. The gite was comfortable, cosy and well stocked - our hosts had thought of everything, even including a welcome bottle of wine. We loved the quirkiness of the rooms and the wonderful charming decor. We would not hesitate to recommend this spotlessly clean cottage at the heart of the village with the boulangerie, bar and restaurant practically on the doorstep.

Mar 15, 2018
I just wanted to thank you very much for your very kind words and for taking the time to review Chez Betty. I am delighted that you had a good stay and that you enjoyed the character and charm of this quaint village house. It makes welcoming people to stay so worthwhile! Looking forward to hopefully having you or your friends to stay in the future.
Best wishes, Elaine Bastian
A TripAdvisor Member
“A lovely gite.”
Reviewed August 24, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Chez Betty is a comfortable, well-equipped, attractive holiday home. Everything we needed (and more) was provided. It is decorated with lovely attention to detail. The village of Blond is very quiet. When we were there the main excitement was the annual garlic and melon fair, and a visit from the Tour de Limousin cycle race. The surrounding area is very pretty. We particularly enjoyed our visit to Lac Pardoux. The nearest town, Bellac, is good for food shopping and a walk down to the river is well worthwhile.

Aug 29, 2017
Thank you for your visit to Chez Betty, it was really good to meet you both. I am so pleased that you enjoyed my gîte, Blond and the surrounding area. Thanking for taking the time to review and your kind words. Best wishes Elaine
angelahun...
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Practically perfect in every way!”
Reviewed August 3, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The location is great for Limoges and its airport and nearby towns. This is a great family friendly Gite. It has everything you need for your stay. It is clean, well appointed and very well equipped. The village has a Boullangerie, Post Office and a couple of Bars/Restaurants with larger shops and cafes/restaurants anywhere between 15 to 30 minutes drive away. We will definitely visit again!

Your age range 50-64
Aug 14, 2017
I wish to thank you for taking the time to review my gite "Chez Betty". I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the gite and its surrounding area to your liking. I try hard to make my guests welcome; thank you for your visit, I hope to be able to welcome you again in the future. Best wishes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing