“Slow and understaffed ”

Bonzo Lounge
Ranked #1 of 9 Quick Bites in Keynsham
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Bonzo Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Avoid during busy times. Only two tills and queue is so long and ridiculous. Otherwise really nice food and great staff.

Hi 478jimmy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of us, we are currently looking into ways in which we can speed up our service especially around busy times and the most effective way around queue lengths. We are glad to hear that our staff and food make up for the long waits to be served and I only hope that we can iron out these problems so that you can enjoy our busy periods again.

We hope to see you again soon!

Assistant Manager

Write a reviewReviews (333)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bongo is a great place to meet friends to drink to eat. There some nice choices on the menu from breakfast to dinner.
Drinks are a good price the ambiance is always great.

1  Thank PeteP265
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arrive and sat in the garden as it was a nice day. Ordered food and drinks, brought coffees out to us which was nice. It wasn’t very busy we ordered two wraps after 30 minutes I asked where our food was, was told it would be 5 minutes, asked again after another 10 minutes. 55 minutes later I informed the staff that our lunch break was now over and we still didn’t have our food!! Offered to wrap it up for us! The whole Point was to go out for our lunch not take it back to the office!! No real apology was offered and I will never be going back here again the service is appalling and even if I wasn’t on a lunch break waiting an hour for a wrap is not acceptable!

1  Thank AndreaL6853

Hi AndreaL6853,

Sorry we didn't get the chance to reply to this sooner. I am very disappointed to hear about the mess of a visit you have had with us, I cannot even begin to apologize for the wait on your food and the poor communication given to you about how long they were going to be. I would like for you to come back on another lunch break and have a free meal on us as a sign of my disappointment that this has happened. Our email address is bonzo@theloungers.co.uk, if you drop us an email we can find a day that best suits you and make sure this time your visit is as pleasant as possible.

Once again I am very sorry,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just pop in for a few tapas on Friday night just before 7pm. Place was busy but not full. We tried to find a table sadly all the empty table inside were covered with dirty glasses and plates, we decided to go outside, again we had to move dirty plates to free a table. tables were sticky and not cleaned. After 20 minutes waiting to give our order at the bar. Only 1 member of staff was taking orders and doing drinks at the same time (????) 3 member of staff waiting and talking on the top of the stairs by the kitchen not doing much. Weird...... Eventually managed to reach the bar. 1 bottle of wine £19 3 dishes of tapas £10 food was good and tasty but it took 20 minutes to arrive. So overall still not impress by the service. Been before but really this doesn't encourage me to stop again. We felt slightly let down.

Hi Froggietoad,

Sorry we didn't get the chance to reply sooner. I am really sorry about the awful service we have given you and I am very shocked that we have let this happen. We will have a little look into this and ensure that these issues will be solved as a matter of urgency. I would very much like to give you another chance to come down and for us to show you how good we can really be, our email address is bonzo@theloungers.co.uk if you pop us an email i will be more than happy to sort something out for you.

I do hope that we hear from you again soon,

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Good breakfast for family. Friendly staff and Would recommend. Bonzo Lounge also had lots of dairy free and gluten free options which I thought was great.

Hi Johnderby2005,

Sorry we didn't reply to you sooner, we do thank you very much for the kind words you have given to us. We do strive to always be better so if you had any ideas on how to get that 5/5 then feel free to email us at bonzo@theloungers.co.uk and we would be more than happy to look into it.

Hope to see you again soon!