“Great pub to stay in.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crown Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Crown Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Keynsham B&B and Inns
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Great pub to stay in.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed for the first time and will return. Very warm greating from the bar staff, room clean and had everything I needed for an overnight. Expect a little road noise as it's on a main road but it has secondary glazing so not bad. Good beer, larger and cider and food was very nice and a good portion, you can eat in bar or restaurant area. Natalie and Shaun made me feel very welcome and you can see the effort and money that they have been putting into the pub and rooms. Breakfast was spot on (thanks Shaun). This is a pub, so expect a pub, the accommodation is clean and good value for money. I will return on my next trip. Many thanks Martin Mould, see you soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Natalie M, Owner at The Crown Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hi Martin Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us feedback, it is much appreciated. I am so glad the staff made you feel welcome as we like to treat people how we would like to be treated. I will pass on your thanks to them. We love nothing more than seeing an empty plate coming back to the kitchen so really pleased you enjoyed the food. Look forward to seeing you again soon when you are back in this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ludlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

it is what it is ,, old pub done up as well ,, nice and worm in the rooms, got everything you need tv,coffee tea ect , clean , tidy with genuinely friendly staff and owners, would stay there again for sure. made to feel welcome even though i had the better shirt on ,,

Room Tip: all the rooms looked cleaned , from what i saw i would stay in any of them .
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank d2splumbingservices
Natalie M, Owner at The Crown Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. So pleased you enjoyed your stay and as you mentioned your shirt I am glad enjoyed our range of books, as I know one book got your interest. I have passed on your comments to Elaine who cleans the rooms for us as she needs to take the credit for how clean they are. Look forward to seeing you again when you visit Keynsham
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Really friendly landlady and great room... Perfect for a nights stay before shooting into Bath for works do! Lots of places to mill around locally, and superb distance from Bristol and Bath, without being in the middle of it all. Which we loved! Definitely recommend!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Natalie M, Owner at The Crown Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave some lovely feedback. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon
Fernhurst, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I had booked to stay at the Grange Hotel down the road, but their poor attitude (see my review) caused me to cancel and find an alternative. We drove down the road and pulled into the nearby Crown pub, whose signboard offers ensuite rooms. It was after 3pm. Would there be anyone on duty to greet us? Good news, the pub still had a few drinkers. A friendly young woman greeted me from behind the bar and when asked if she still had a room, it was yes with smiles, price £59. You never know quite what to expect staying at pubs on busy main roads. But our room was clean and warm and the facilities worked. The bed was comfortable, the pillow odourless and like the duvet, crisp and clean. The double glazing effectively shut out the constant A4 traffic noise. Satelite TV worked (in the inefficent way satelites work) and there were books in the room and on the landing, if TV isn’t your bag. We were too tired to have a bevvy in the pub, but the room kettle served us OK with coffee and hot chocolate. We had a good night’s sleep. I obeyed the rules at breakfast and had cereal and toast. (You are supposed to preorder a fry up, though the lady owner offered it to me and the others at breakfast in any case). We stayed here on spec. We might not have if beforehand, we had read the Trip Advisor reviews. I just wonder what the anonymous writers of the poor reviews expect. The Hilton? The Ritz? The Dorchester? It’s a pub, for heaven’s sake, and I for one say good for the hard working owners. The Crown delivered all I needed and more.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank purcyrat
Natalie M, Owner at The Crown Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely words, it is really nice to hear when someone enjoys their visit. I hope your wife enjoyed her birthday surprise
Farnham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The bedrooms were acceptable and an effort had been made to decorate them to a better standard than the rest of the hotel. However the bathroom left a lot to be desired with a smell that you couldn't get rid of and a very strange and loud noise coming from the toilet every time you flushed. There was no mirror in the bedroom and the lighting was poor. The dining room was very small so as there was a group of us we decided to walk up the hill and had a highly delicious meal in the pub up the road. There was a darts match going on when we were there which unfortunately meant that the members of our group who were staying above the bar didn't get to sleep until very late despite having to cycle over 100 miles next day from a very early start.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pensioner62
Natalie M, Owner at The Crown Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to leave us some feedback. I would like to respond to a few issues that you raised. First off you started by calling us a hotel, we are not a hotel we run a pub with a rooms above. It is unfortunate that you did stay on a darts night and the pub was a bit busier than normal, but surely you would have thought of this when you booked a pub for a nights stay. If you needed no noise due to the fact that you had a early start then it would have made more sense to book into somewhere like a Travel Lodge. The noise did stop at 11.30 when the pub closed. In response to the bathroom thank you for letting us know about the lighting and no mirror this will be dealt with this coming week to help improve other customers stay. The toilets are Saniflow toilets due to the plumbing in the building so I do appreciate the noise when the flush is pulled, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that unless we replace them all and install normal toilets and change all the plumbing which unfortunately is too expensive for our small business. Once again thank you for your time as we do appreciate constructive feedback where it will help us improve.
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

we stayed for one night. Had we have been booked in for longer I would have rather have slept in my car. Dirty carpets , dirty bed linen ,dirty shower. We arrived late as there were road closures and the landlady wouldn't even let us buy a drink. breakfast was ok, but my thoughts were how clean was the kitchen, when the places on show were filthy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank monty k
Natalie M, Owner at The Crown Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Sorry you felt this way about your stay. I would like to address a few of the issues that you have mentioned,
Check in time is bu 8 O'Clock but I stayed up and awake till 00.30 to let you in, which is why you could not buy a drink as the bar was locked and alarmed. Also my licencing hours are until 23.00 so I would have been breaking the law. With regards to the carpets being dirty they are professionally cleaned every 6 weeks due to the amount of foot fall and they were booked to be cleaned 24th August (which has now been done). You mentioned the kitchen being unclean, if you would have asked I would have more than be happy to show you around we have a 5 star hygiene rating which was given only 2 months ago.
The rooms are cleaned every single day and we know that the bathroom does need updating and the shower needs regrouting in places but this is on our list to do when funds are available. I am not sure if you have been here before but you would have seen that we have spent a lot of money in replacing and repairing a pub that was very run down and we are still in the progress.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was keen to review the Crown particularly because it has attracted such widely divergent appraisals. Mine is somewhere in the middle. To be fair, I arrived after 10pm at night and left at 7 the next morning, so it's not exactly a full-fledged experience. First of all, though, I want to say that, in my experience, describing the Crown as dirty and smelly is a gross exaggeration. On the contrary, I felt a lot of trouble has been gone to to achieve the opposite. The reason I can't be fulsome in my praise is, I would say, a lack of attention to detail. None of this I would describe as a reason NOT to stay at the Crown, but put together it does make the difference between an okay and an exceptional experience. A few examples: sash broken in window on a warm night (successfully propped open with books and a night-light holder), no shampoo in bathroom and, more tellingly, having been, due to my early departure, very kindly provided with some requested scrambled egg cooked the night before, I went downstairs to find no means to make toast nor even any bread! Furthermore, there was no fruit either. I think my point about attention to detail is clear. 3 out of 5, could do better. :)

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Natalie M, Owner at The Crown Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We have taken your points on about the broken sash in a window, this was the first time this has been pointed out to us and will get the landlord to look at repairing. With regards to breakfast, please accept my apologies as this was a misunderstanding by myself as I thought you did not want toast just the scrambled egg otherwise I would have left the facilities out for you. I have now got tinned fruit in for anyone that wishes to have fruit for breakfast unfortunately it would not be cost effected to get fresh due to the wastage as it is not a regular request. Once again thank you for your time and custom.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keynsham
Premier Inn Bristol South Hotel
Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel
Old Manor House Hotel
Old Manor House Hotel
#4 of 10 in Keynsham

Been to The Crown Inn? Share your experiences!