“Perfect location, 5 star accommodations...”
other travelers have booked this property
Relax Shaded and sunny areas to sit.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Relax
Shaded and sunny areas to sit.
Grill your dinner and watch the best sunsets on island.
Cliff Dive Site is steps away.
View from our beachfront private palm garden.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
hensonfun
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
“Perfect location, 5 star accommodations, wonderful hosts”
Reviewed October 1, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

We stayed at The Laughing Seahorse for a week in July and had an amazing time. The reef outside the back door is unbelievable. Every time we went in the water we saw something new. The villa was perfect. Our rooms were so comfortable and had everything you could want. The location is just where you want to be.There was a nice little grocery store and restaurants within walking distance. Everything else is an easy car ride; downtown and also all of the incredible snorkel/dive sites. Tricia and Alan were the best hosts. They were so warm and welcoming, it felt like we were staying with old friends. Can't wait till my next visit.

Your age range 50-64
Oct 2, 2018
Hi Kathy, Thanks for the great review! We had so much fun hosting your group. Thank you for the wonderful memories. We've added some fun new stuff to the garden - hope to share all our upgrades with you next summer! - Tricia & Alan
stephlapi...
Boca Raton, Florida
“Steps from the reef!”
Reviewed September 30, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

I highly recommend this property if you are looking for a welcoming, very clean, comfortable, relaxing villa that has a beautiful reef outside their back door. The house and accomodations exceeded all of my expectations. The rooms were so cute, spacious, clean and had everything that I needed. My bed was extremely comfortable, I slept great! One of the best aspects of this villa is the beautiful reef right out back. I snorkeled it every morning before exploring the island each day. We also loved watching the sunset from the patio each evening. The villa is centrally located so that drive time to the dive spots around the island was minimal. The hosts are genuinely kind and wonderful people. I am very thankful to have met them and have had such an amazing experience on Bonaire!

Date of stay: August 2018
Oct 1, 2018
Hi Stephanie, thank you so much for your kind review. We loved having you stay with us and hope you'll be able to visit us next summer. Stay in touch and have a great teaching year!!
Bill20040...
Boston, Massachusetts
“This is Paradise!”
Reviewed September 27, 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

I was lucky enough to be one of the first to stay at the Laughing Seahorse and am happy to say that Tricia and Alan exceeded my expectations in every way!

I was there for a week with 3 coworkers on a snorkeling/dive trip. The Laughing Seahorse was perfect for us. Each of us had our own room which made things really comfortable. I was in the Donkey Room which has an outdoor terrace with a great view of the water. The room has a full size fridge (containing a couple beers and some wine when we arrived), coffee and a coffee maker, cold AC, and a nice modern bathroom/shower. The location of the property is within a short walk to Captain Don's, a Chinese restaurant, and a mini food market where I picked up breakfast/lunch supplies for the week.

Our group was part divers and part snorkelers and the reef right off the property was perfect. Three steps in and you start your snorkel on a large, vibrant reef. 30 feet out and the cliff drops off for the divers. Tricia was nice enough to lead us on a dive when we arrived so we became familiar with the area. Dive Friends is about a minute walk up the road so getting your tanks is super easy and the property has a storage area for dive gear and a rinse tank.

What really makes the property is Tricia and Alan. They could not have been nicer and made sure we had everything we needed throughout our stay. They both went with us on a trip to the national park diving and exploring. At night, we shared some wine and scotch down at the Tiki Hut by the water and by then end of the week, I thought of them more as friends than as hosts. Briggs and Blue (their dogs) are super friendly and a lot of fun to play with. I can't wait to go back to the Laughing Seahorse

Your age range 50-64
Sep 28, 2018
Thanks for the kind words, Bill! We loved having you stay with us and really enjoyed getting to know you. We can't wait to have you back for more diving; keep an eye on those new flights out of Miami as they are increasing their weekly flight options. Hope to see you soon!!
micheller...
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed September 23, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Great location with stunning views and very comfortable rooms. The private patios were perfect for coffee drinking in the morning. Tricia and Alan were very gracious hosts with excellent knowledge of the island's dive sites. Already planning our next trip!

Sep 25, 2018
Thanks, Michelle! We had so much fun showing you our slice of paradise. Can't wait to see you again soon! Tricia & Alan
Scuba N
New York City, New York
“Tranquility, sunsets, and a top notch reef right off the property!”
Reviewed September 22, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

I've been to Bonaire twice before, and I was looking for a quiet getaway: The Laughing Seahorse was just what I'd hoped for. The place is in a condominium complex at the Hamlet Oasis, just north of Captain Don's Habitat. The area is called "Hato". Getting there was extremely easy, and the owners are friends with one of the car rental companies so I was able to get a sweet deal. The rooms have everything you need: fridge, coffee pot, glasses/plates/silverware, excellent airconditioning, comfy beds. I was given a tour and if I remember correctly there are four separate accomodations, most with little balconies to enjoy the sea breeze. Note, they don't all have ocean views (but mine did... and WHAT a view!) The "back yard" is the best part. Beautiful landscaping, palms, orchids, whimsical sculptures, plenty of seating. There's a blue roofed gazebo (with ceiling fan, lights, sound system), a hammock under there too... and a fully appointed gas grill, complete with a side burner. They've got an outdoor shower and a pair of sinks for rinsing gear, as well as lockers to hang things to dry. There's a rinse by the entrance to the shore too, which was a handy feature. The property is just gorgeous.

Location: Far enough from Kralendijk that it's quiet... but a very quick drive when you want to hit the town. But if you want to just stay in, it's easy to do so: right across the street is a supermarket with beer/wine/booze in addition to all your basics. Right next door is Captain Don's and the Deco Stop Bar and Rum Runners restaurant are good options. Further down is Buddy Dive resort (more dining/bar options) and just past that is Eddy's where I had a fantastic dinner. It was super busy so be sure to get reservations (and I think it's only open certain days). A stone's throw from the Seahorse (in the same complex) is Dive Friends and they have plenty of equipment and shore dive tanks. Note, there is no dock here. The best part about Laughing Seahorse's location is its house reef. Named "Cliff" it's right in front of the property and my snorkeling forays yielded multiple octopuses, puffers, morays, drums, HUGE rainbow parrot fish (right in the surf, never seen that)... and further out is the dropoff and I dived there a few times. Lots and lots of life there and visibility was excellent. Further out is the channel (Kleine Bonaire beyond) and from the gazebo I watched a superpod of dolphins traveling along. Note: there ARE mosquitos here (as in most islands after sundown) but they've got plenty of spray and citronella... and a pair of electrified tennis rackets that, I must admit, were a little TOO fun to use.

Tricia and Alan are wonderful hosts. They took me to a couple bars and restaurants AND they arranged a dive on the East Coast side... something I'd never done. Never seen so many turtles in once place! They are both veteran divers (Alan was a dive instructor for many years). Oh, that reminds me, they have weights and some spare gear too... absolutely bring your own, of course... but if someone breaks a mask strap they can fix you up.

I'll definitely repeat!

Date of stay: August 2018
Sep 23, 2018
Thank you for your wonderful review, we greatly appreciate the feedback. We had such a wonderful time hosting you here at The Laughing Seahorse. We're so glad you enjoyed our garden and the dive site out front - it's our favorite thing to share with our guests. Hoping you'll be back soon to explore more and gain some more inspiration for your writing! Stay in touch - Tricia & Alan
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing