“Great!”
Review of Manhattans

Manhattans
Ranked #2 of 2 Wallsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2012

There was a group (10) of us staying in the bigger rooms, and after reading the reviews we were a bit worried - however the rooms were tidy and clean. The rooms were a big size and enough room for everyone to get ready! Would recommend it for a weekend if your looking for cheap accommodation for the amount of time you spend in the room it was fine. Think some of the reviews are over exaggertated! If you want cheap accommodation and a room were you can all share its great! The rooms were alot cleaner than some of the Travelodges and Premier Inns we have been in! We never had to pay £50 deposit per room either which was a bonus, and the staff were really friendly!!

Room Tip: Ask for the Large En-Suite room as this also has its own dressing room!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Ros K, General Manager at Manhattans, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your review and were are glad you enjoyed your stay we look forwrd to welcoming you back regards Roz and Matthew

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Its an alright price considering it is close to the centre of Newcastle. But shared bathrooms? Dirty tea cups? Broken television? I suppose the breakfast was okay but would hand out for a more expensive hotel next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Ros K, General Manager at Manhattans, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Now under new management since November 2012 please disregard this review thanks Roz and Matthew

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The room was not clean.pubic hair was found on the sofa and on the bed.tv didn't work.there was a shared toilet which had no toilet roll.the tiles in the bathroom were very mouldy.we had a good night out in the city centre and when we came it was a sausage fest.we were suppose to stay 2 nights but ended up booking out early next morning. I would not recommend this place

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Booked - Breakfast in price , one night £125 at the steam elephant... Well we never got it , no longer serving food, promised it , as I was doing running great north run next day , which I passed out due to not eating , no breakfast and no time to get any . Awful hotel blame them x ,smelly carpets,above a bar with function room under neath , loud music, horrible area,did not feel safe. Please don't go there awful awful place x

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We arrived here after a 5 hour car journey for my mums funeral... The corridor carpets were filthy, the air was smelly & damp... The room had not been cleaned from the previous people the night before, beds were unmade, rubbish on floor, pizza boxes & half full cups in room... There were several flies circling round the ceiling... There was evidence of drug smoking & was just generally disgusting!!... We were told the room would be done by the time we had come back from the funeral.... It was 5.30 pm & the room hadn't been touched, the manager had gone home & the bar staff hadn't really got a clue but told us there was no employed cleaners... We left & drove 5 hours home after a long emotional day..... I do not advise you stay here ...

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Blaggers77

Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with three friends for only £60 which was perfectly reasonable, I knew already that the bathroom facilities were shared which wasn't a problem and the hotel had parking facilities which was a definite positive note.
The woman who checked us in was lovely and also the man who made us breakfast in the morning, - which when it was included in the price I would be happy with anything - it was a full breakfast and was really tasty!
But when it comes to the rooms themselves, it was just so dirty! Our mugs for tea were dirty, we had to clean them in the bathroom sink, the floor was dirty and there was fake eyelashes sitting on the dresser!! Hm not so pleasant! The TV had about 3 channels that worked with a remote controller broken in half! No bin in the room, I would think that's a simple thing to add??
As it was only one night we were there we didn't moan, but I would definitely advise against staying here unless they hire a new cleaner!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jazzhands21

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had booked this hotel because it was one of the few that still had rooms available at short notice and I wanted to be as close to the beginning of the Hadrian's Wall Path as possible. What I hadn't realised is that it is a bar/pub/club that keeps going until all hours. The people were very friendly and helpful, but that didn't make up for what the place otherwise lacked. I was shown upstairs and to my room, only to find that it hadn't been cleaned. I was given the family room instead, which was much bigger and luckily I had my pick of beds as the double was very uncomfortable. I had to tune the TV myself. The bathroom was shared, but appeared to be clean, until I saw the thick black mould on the shower head and the basin tap needed maintenance. The main problem was noise. I just didn't need to hear the conversation in the hallway at 2am between the girl staying next door and the guy who had come up from the pub with her. It was also bad value for a single traveller - I had to pay the 2 person rate, which was pretty expensive anyway, even assuming the place had been clean. If you're wanting a night out in Wallsend and don't want to drive afterwards, then maybe you'd be happy here, otherwise, give it a miss.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kirsti1606

Been to Manhattans? Share your experiences!