Manhattans
Rosebery Hotel Jesmond(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$118
$71
PremierInn.com
Village Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$59
Dene Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$88
$71
Hotels.com
Jesmond Park Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$58
Avenue Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$82
$79
Hotels.com
Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$162
$150
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Carlton Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$47
George Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$101
Caledonian Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$70
$68
Hotels.com
All reviewsshared bathroomnightclub downstairsbrush your teethcity centrewould definitely stay here againplace to stayroom was cleantaxitoiletnewcastlelads
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Booked - Breakfast in price , one night £125 at the steam elephant... Well we never got it , no longer serving food, promised it , as I was doing running great north run next day , which I passed out due to not eating , no breakfast and no time to get any . Awful hotel blame them x ,smelly carpets,above a bar with function room under neath , loud music, horrible area,did not feel safe. Please don't go there awful awful place x

• Stayed: September 2012
Ros K, General Manager at Manhattans, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Now under new management since November 2012 please disregard this review thanks Roz and Matthew

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We arrived here after a 5 hour car journey for my mums funeral... The corridor carpets were filthy, the air was smelly & damp... The room had not been cleaned from the previous people the night before, beds were unmade, rubbish on floor, pizza boxes & half full cups in room... There were several flies circling round the ceiling... There was evidence of drug smoking & was just generally disgusting!!... We were told the room would be done by the time we had come back from the funeral.... It was 5.30 pm & the room hadn't been touched, the manager had gone home & the bar staff hadn't really got a clue but told us there was no employed cleaners... We left & drove 5 hours home after a long emotional day..... I do not advise you stay here ...

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Blaggers77

Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with three friends for only £60 which was perfectly reasonable, I knew already that the bathroom facilities were shared which wasn't a problem and the hotel had parking facilities which was a definite positive note.
The woman who checked us in was lovely and also the man who made us breakfast in the morning, - which when it was included in the price I would be happy with anything - it was a full breakfast and was really tasty!
But when it comes to the rooms themselves, it was just so dirty! Our mugs for tea were dirty, we had to clean them in the bathroom sink, the floor was dirty and there was fake eyelashes sitting on the dresser!! Hm not so pleasant! The TV had about 3 channels that worked with a remote controller broken in half! No bin in the room, I would think that's a simple thing to add??
As it was only one night we were there we didn't moan, but I would definitely advise against staying here unless they hire a new cleaner!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jazzhands21

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had booked this hotel because it was one of the few that still had rooms available at short notice and I wanted to be as close to the beginning of the Hadrian's Wall Path as possible. What I hadn't realised is that it is a bar/pub/club that keeps going until all hours. The people were very friendly and helpful, but that didn't make up for what the place otherwise lacked. I was shown upstairs and to my room, only to find that it hadn't been cleaned. I was given the family room instead, which was much bigger and luckily I had my pick of beds as the double was very uncomfortable. I had to tune the TV myself. The bathroom was shared, but appeared to be clean, until I saw the thick black mould on the shower head and the basin tap needed maintenance. The main problem was noise. I just didn't need to hear the conversation in the hallway at 2am between the girl staying next door and the guy who had come up from the pub with her. It was also bad value for a single traveller - I had to pay the 2 person rate, which was pretty expensive anyway, even assuming the place had been clean. If you're wanting a night out in Wallsend and don't want to drive afterwards, then maybe you'd be happy here, otherwise, give it a miss.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kirsti1606

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We were visiting Newcastle for a hen night but wanted accommodation cheap but close to the centre

We stayed in the four person suite which was lovely, large room with walk in wardrobe, newly decorated, new carpets and bathroom suite (en-suite)

Had an issue with the shower but that was us :( the staff were straight up to help us

Parking is limited as it's at the back of the building but there is a large free carpark next to the shopping centre which is very short walk

Staff were lovely and helpful, even let us have a late breakfast which we really enjoyed

Nice terrace area to eat & drink which we got to enjoy as it was a really sunny day :)

There was a function on below us which was loud but we did not hear it when we came back from our night out

Our room faced the main road but was still quiet

Room Tip: stay in the four person room, was £125 when we stayed
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends