“Meeting up with Friends” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The George at Nunney

The George at Nunney
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nunney
Southampton
“Meeting up with Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel bedroom was very warm and comfortable with the bathroom clean. The staff were friendly and efficient. The evening meal was delicious and very well presented. We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

The George was a 'Great Happen Upon' - didn't know what to expect but everything was super. There were no cold corners as everywhere was warm and inviting. The accommodation was good and the food was brilliant. Staff very welcoming and thanks to Phillipa for going that extra mile. A most enjoyable stay and we will definitely return. Excellent base for touring the area.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have just returned from our visit to the George we stayed with friends for two nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary, we have only praise for the bedrooms and the food both were excellent. The staff could not have done any more for us they were brilliant. The rooms were very clean and also everywhere was very warm which is great to come back to on a cold day. The food was superb as well as the service, could highly recommend the George to anyone. We will definitely return when next visiting the area.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel look over at the Castle which is lovely
JAYv2
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I booked this venue whilst away on business; the reviews and website seem to show well dressed room and a a warm invitation.

On a dark dismal night I arrived at the hotel and presented myself to the reception area at the end of the bar. I was welcomed and shown to my room, after being asked if I'd like to reserve a table for dinner, to which I did.

My room was on the first floor, through several doors at the end of the building. My room was simple, perhaps not quite what I had expected, however it was clean and comfortable.

My mixed review and average rating come the next morning. Having eaten in the restaurant and impressed with the evening as a whole, I found my way to the Breakfast Room. This wasn't part of the main bar. I found it to be quite cold and it took some time to be served. I wasn't overly impressed with the breakfast - it was a standard breakfast, just all seemed a little dry.

Running slightly late that morning and having confirmed my account was settled as I'd booked online, there was then a confusion over my account, which then took 15minutes to resolve.

I have mixed feels regarding this venue, the rooms were comfy, the bar downstairs was cosy and well decorated and I received a warm welcome, however felt it ended all the in the wrong way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JAYv2
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

It was late on a Sunday afternoon and there was nowhere still serving a roast, although the George had run out of roast potatoes they supplied new potatoes and the manager/owner 'Gordon' showed great hospitality! We were served quickly and pleasantly and all food was reasonably priced! I would highly recommend this pub for families and anyone wanting a great roast! A great experience!

• Stayed January 2013
Uxbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We booked to stay at The George last weekend because of its close proximity to Frome where I was visiting family. My partner upgraded our room as a treat. What can i say. The room was great. Comfy bed, nice quality bed linen, and we slept very well, not hearing a sound all night. We had dinner on the Saturday night and the food was superb! On top of that the staff were all very friendly and helpful. I cant wait to go back!
The only downside, not the fault of the hotel, was the taxi into from was nearly £10 each way. Next time I will drive because although not many miles, the road is not suitable for walking along.

Bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Went to the George for Sunday lunch for the first time as a party of 6 (2 children). The service was prompt and efficient, food delicious and establishment clean and sophisticated. We all had roasts and the beef in particular was fantastic and veg well cooked - just leave room for the yummy puddings! We will definitely be back soon, this time to stay over (so that I can sample the attractive looking beer selection). Top marks, would recommend very highly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bath_Matt76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nunney
Premier Inn Frome Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beckington
George Hotel
George Hotel
#6 of 32 in Frome

Been to The George at Nunney? Share your experiences!