3,416 results
All reviews ski lessons chef de village serre chevalier oysters skiing holiday ski group ski room off piste young children family room special thanks esf instructors fantastic holiday a lot of fun meal times speak french full capacity
Selected filters
Reviewed April 11, 2019

The hotel was average. The bed was not comfortable and the furniture were very basic. The pool temperature was cold and for the spa they charged extra, so I did not use it. The lobby was always noisy and the shows was geared toward the kids , so I was very disappointment.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
ClubMed, eGO at Club Med Serre-Chevalier, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2019

Dear Camper68104056136,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us.
I regret that our offer did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
We stay focused on delivering high standards to reach customer satisfaction and we will keep your feedback in order to maintain it.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you sometimes soon for perfect vacation.

Rémi, eGO

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Visiting in Easter holidays with family, the hotel is fine and functional. Food is great and very child friendly. Majority of staff were friendly and helpful however we encountered 2 problems that marred our ski holiday and were caused by ESF and only partially resolved with help from the resort manager.
Problem 1. At 4pm our 5 year old son informed us he had lost his ski pass. Despite having to sign out from ESF no one passed this information on. Initially told by receptionist I needed to get a bus to a station to replace it. This is despite being told to photograph pass in case of loss so it could be replaced. If I had gone down to station I would have found it had closed already as she hadn’t checked the opening hours. This problem was resolved after speaking with manager. FYI the pass in question was free.
Problem 2. I enrolled in group class included in price of all inclusive. It was class 1 first stage up from beginners. I am a nervous skier but have had 3 weeks tuition previously. The group was huge 20 people, 2 instructors. There was no teaching just being told where to go from a to b. We got up to our first proper run, a green run 6km in length. Both instructors zoomed off in front. After my first km I got cramp. There was no one to tell and no-one to help. The instructors would stop intermittently to see if everyone there and as soon as I would ski into view they skied off. This went on for the next 4km. When I finally got the bottom I was asked what took me so long, I spoke about my foot, I was shrugged at and told what do you want me to do. I said I wanted to go home as in agony and was pointed to a bus 200m away no assistance offered. When I complained Krystal the manager, she gave me two options, go into beginners group, which I am not or go back to instructors who left me up a mountain. I asked if instead of 4 days tuition I could have one probate lesson told no. ESF you are shocking.
Because of who are partnered with this means club med I won’t be back as this was a ski holiday and you let me down.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ClubMed, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Serre-Chevalier, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2019

Dear cath_ede,

We are sorry to hear your holiday did not met your expectation. We would like nothing more but to discuss it directly with you.

Please, feel free to contact us at customer.uk@clubmed.com. We will be happy to help you.

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

This has been an amazing trip for the whole group, from the moment we arrived to the second that we left on our coach. The GO team were amazing with our children and made preparations for ski school every morning a painless experience. Such a difference from regular school ski hotels!

The food was amazing, the choice was impressive and the children especially were never left wanting.

We were very fortunate with the weather as a big dump of snow mid week made for great powder and bluebird skiing later in the week.

The entire GO team were amazing, but particular mention for Chef dear Village Auora and Laurie, Jerry and Thibault. Also the help of infirmary staff and reception who were a great help with a couple of injuries to the group.

This is the perfect resort for families and groups I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello JohnS7544,

We are so glad to hear about the great time you had in our Serre-Chevalier resort. It's so nice to read you enjoyed the ski lessons !!

Having nice weather while skiing is so nice , lucky you ! We will of course let our GOs know about your very kind words.

We can't wait to see you again !

Have a lovely day !

Reviewed April 2, 2019

This is the third time I've been to Club Med. I was at Val Thorens and Val-D'isère.
The vacation in Serra-Chevalier was disappointing because of the village manager and because of the poor service and bad treatment I received. If until now I recommend Club Med to all my friends from now on I will be more reluctant

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
ClubMed, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Serre-Chevalier, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Dear 647saary,

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment and would like nothing more but to discuss it directly with you.

Reviewed April 2, 2019

The place and the hotel are nice (staff, rooms and others). Pistes are cool too.
Me and my daughter (and not only us) twice (year after a year) got a stomach virus during or after the vacation and infected the rest of the family on return. No way we return to this place anymore, even the ski itself was really good.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Ilya P,

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment, and would like nothing more but to discuss it directly with you.