“Really nice location and great food!”

Le Pied de la Gargouille
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Briancon
Cuisines: French, Barbecue, European
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Homemade cuisine with a selection of local produce. homemade bread and cheese from raw milk specialties, grilled meat cooked in the fireplace country house farm ice desserts. Selection of wines and local dijestifs. Summer terrace
Torino
“Really nice location and great food!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have been at Le Pied de la Gargouille many times. Is the place I love the most in Briancon. In fact, my husband and I, we try to go there at least once a year, during the winter season.
The pleace is little, cozy and romantic with a fire in the middle of the room. Is better to book a table at least one day in advance.
We normally have "Raclette" is so nice and we love it! It's done at the old manner. The cheese and the sides are really tasty!! The raclette costs 19€ per person and the minimum is for 2 people. You can eat as much as you want as they give you half cheese!
We went there also last week and I had meat and my husband had chicken. They were great! Cooked on the fire, in front of us!! Really the best, go there to try it!!

Visited February 2012

• Polish first
Sydney, Australia
“Cosy, comfortable and great food!”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

My wife and I had a lovely meal here, sitting beside a lovely open fire. The owner spoke english, and was very helpful and friendly. There was a great choice in the set menus, and they were very reasonably priced considering the good quality. I had the side of lamb and my wife had the slow cooked beef...both were delicious...as were the desserts! The atmosphere was friendly, and even though there was a large group at a nearby table, we still felt as thoughit was just us in the room. We will be going back!

London, United Kingdom
“Good food at reasonable prices.”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Small family run restaurant, serving good grilled meats straight from their open fire. Ideally situated in the old town, Vauban, it offers friendly service with attractive decor. The food is typical of the region, with some good choices within their 3 course fixed price menu. Some lovely large salads , and desserts.

Visited August 2011