“dissapointing”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“dissapointing”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Plentiful portions but the staff need to learn to smile, not ignore and learn some customer care. Food was fine but no more than that, won't rush to go back!

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“good food but never a cheese board available or disappointing”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The food is of a good consistent standard the service is attentive but on three occassions now therechas been no cheese curse available or having to share one between two.when observing a cheese platter on occassions of not dining it looks fantastic but on the two occassions I have ordered it looks as if it has been left overs if this is the case best not to serve as it does your other courses an injustice.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“The Ploughman's lunch was a real disappointment”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was in for lunch with a large group and generally the food looked very good, but unfortunately i chose the ploughman's lunch - soggy pork pie (defrosted???), very small amount of non- local supermarket style cheese, tiny bit of bread and strange spiced pickle, again, definitely not home made or traditional. It is not hard to to offer a good ploughman's in Lincolnshire with poacher cheese and a crisp melton mowbray pork pie, bread is cheap and british pickles what is expected. Wish I had chosen something hot.

1 Thank peediewife
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Best Sunday roast in Lincoln!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Visited the Kings Head today for my Mothers Day treat. Had tried to book in several other places,but they were all booked up so I suggested here as I had heard good reports previously. Well I am so glad we did! Absolutely delicious, lots of Beef, Veg and the best meat gravy I've ever had!! Then we tried the Sticky Toffee pudding and custard, again delicious and huge.

Not a bad word to say. We don't agree that its expensive £9.95 for a Roast Beef dinner of a large size and superb quality is cheap!!

The trip made my day and we are defiantly going back for a Roast and to take advantage of the 2 for 1 on a Wednesday. Good value, superb food and really lovely staff :)

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank claire h
“Warm welcome, cosy dinning experience fabulous food and wine.”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is our secind visit both equally good. One diner is vegitarian and was impressed by the large selection . My partner had lamb shank which was beautiful and i had cajun chicken again lovely accompanied with very nice home cooked chips.Our only suggestion is save room for the eton mess awesome! !! We cant wait to go back infact its become a monthly date!!!

• Visited March 2014