“Simple Excellence”

Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Rosseau
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From start to finish our meal was a triumph of understated excellence. On entry we asked if we could move to a less noisy table as the restaurant was busy and a member of our party is hard of hearing, and this was done with grace and a minimum of fuss.

Our waiter for the evening was Chris, and he handled all requests with quiet aplomb.

I had the in-house Margarita cocktail, and it was delicious. For my main I ordered an absolutely exquisite tuna tartare, which incorporated chunks of mango, and was truly mouthwatering.

My main was a hand-cut pappardelle pasta with smoked bacon, spinach, tomato sauce and fresh Parmesan. It was sumptuous.

The other three members of my family out with me for the evening were similarly enamoured of their meals, and we came away feeling that we had enjoyed a great evening in attractive surroundings.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (363)

Reviewed September 4, 2019

Crossroads is a great spot for a fancy lunch with lots of food and drink options in a beautiful rustic setting. The restaurant works for both a romantic couples' outing as well as a family celebration.
Last time I was there I ordered the trout salad, while my husband got the mussels. The trout salad was an incredibly delicious and filling take on a nicoise salad. The mussels in tomato broth were a great choice as well. They always have a great drink special so make sure to ask your waiter.
The only downside to this place and the reason for the 4/5 vs. 5/5 review is the slow service. They don't have enough waitstaff for an efficient service. The chef's creations definitely make up for the slow staff, so get yourself a drink and take it easy on the patio, while you wait for what will be a incredible meal!

Reviewed August 28, 2019

The lunch here was a 5 star. The view from the patio looking out over the lake was very pretty,tacos and mussels were wonderful. The restaurant's water was awful though!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 27, 2019

I have been here a couple of times recently and the food is excellent. I had the best haddock of my life there this past Sunday as their daily special. They are willing to substitute sides when asked (ex. More salad instead of potatoes). The daily soup was tomato and goat cheese and it was incredible. The portions were a good size and service was friendly and efficient. Eating on the patio or screened in porch is a great way to enjoy the Muskoka atmosphere. If you love their pies or quiche, some of their menu can be obtained to take home at a little shop across the street. We will certainly return.

Reviewed August 20, 2019

Food was good but restaurant was full and rather noisy which made having a conversation with friends a little awkward.