“Better luck next time.”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Collingwood, Canada
“Better luck next time.”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

I have visited the restaurant over the past few years and was disappointed in the quality and overall experience this time.

2 servers walked by before we were acknowledged and seated.

Lunch was average. I ordered the smoked meat sandwich with fries which were beyond black and just tasted of old oil (which was the smell of the parking lot). The meat was very good, but the Maple mustard tasted like regular French's. Not so good.

My friend had the burger and Caesar salad. The burger was dry.

The restaurant have done a great job on the new patio and the inside is always welcoming. Hopefully lunch gets better again, but I won't be rushing back this season.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Junebug0606

Thornhill, Canada
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had our second dinner at Crossroads today. And we came out of there really upset. Food was tasty but the service outrageously slow and our waitress Tania just made the whole experience upsetting. We eat out a lot in Canada and all over the world, and I dear to say, she was the worst we have ever experienced. Besides being slow and impersonal, she never once asked how we liked
our food. Oh well!
Now about the reservation:
I called earlier in a day to book a table and was told that only two time slots are avaIlable in the restaurant, but outside patio is open for any time. I made a reservation for one of the times offered for the inside. When we arrived for our dinner, the patio was not busy and I asked if we could be seated outside. I was told it's all booked. My question about why I was told before that one does not need a reservation for the patio, was just brushed off. So we were seated in the tightest crowded corner of the restaurant, and our request for a better table was again ignored and we were told all tables are reserved. That raised a question, didn't I reserve a table as well?
I observed the patio having a few tables empty for the duration of our dinner, and also lots of empty tables inside, that would have been much nicer experience for my husband and I, instead of the table literally in the hallway. The whole situation just left me confused. After waiting for a long time for the food, and being served by a waitress who definitely was not interested in being there, we did not think the whole thing was worth over $100 that we spent.
There are not too many restaurants in the area so we might have to go back there again, but really would like to figure out the reservation situation to avoid further disappointments.
Good thing the chef seems to know what he is doing and the location is beautiful, otherwise this restaurant would not survive.

2 Thank Tiiu61
Toronto, Canada
“Great food and great staff”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The food at Crossroads was exceptional, the staff are attentive and add to a great experience overall, we went back a few times for dinner.
It is not a cheap meal but well worth the price.
They also have a great little patio if you prefer sitting outside.
Be sure to make reservations well in advance, they are very busy, even during the week.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Crisruivo
Toronto
“Unbelievable food far from everywhere ”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

We went twice last week with two different couples. A remarkable menu, great dishes, creative cuisine. The view of the lake is phenomenal.

The restaurant is always busy. Call for a reservation long in advance if you want a particular table or time.

Choose what you like from the menu: the prix fixe daily specials were restrictive. The wine is good.

Downsides? The main dining room has a noisy stone floor. The chef uses more salt than I'd like him to. It's a bit too expensive.

But it's a great restaurant where you expect to find a diner. I'm going back.

Toronto, Canada
“Great food!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We ate here with friends on the way to their cottage. Three of us had the prix fixe "catch of the day" which was a Halibut dish. Very tasty. Caesar salad was very good - nice and creamy. And the dessert, a blueberry cake with ice cream was delicious.
Was surprised with how big the kids meals were and they were only $8 for the entree and dessert.

Visited August 2014