“Great Restaurant......Try the fish and chips!”

Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Rosseau
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014

While staying at a nearby cottage my husband and I decided to try Crossroads Restaurant in Rosseau for lunch. It was a cold rainy day and so space was limited to the inside and, for some hardy souls, the screened patio (with heaters). They do have a very nice outdoor area with a view of the lake. We both ordered Muskoka Cream Ale battered fish and chips and loved them. The batter was very light and tasty and the fish melted in your mouth. The portions were generous and nicely presented. The service was great and the staff friendly. We will certainly go back next time we are in the area. One piece of advice--make a reservation. They were very busy.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Fabulous patio with gorgeous landscaping. I had the Cobb Salad, and my only complaint is that the chicken, although tender, was covered in cumin, not my favourite spice. My husband enjoyed his trout salad. The setting was beautiful.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is by far our favorite restaurant in the area. The relaxed ambiance and fantastic cuisine with friendly and efficient wait staff. We cant drive by without stopping for a meal! Trust us - it's that good.

Thank Mountain Ash Fa... H
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I celebrated a recent anniversary here while vacationing at our cottage. We were happy to find such a wonderful restaurant so close to our cottage and were surprised to hear that it had been here for 5 years already. How did we miss this! We went here based on the great reviews on Tripadvisor and loved it! The service was great - our server was very professional and friendly and the food was absolutely delicious. You can eat on their patio or in the restaurant and there is a bit of a lake view. My husband had their 3 course steak entree and I had the 3 course catch of the day. Both were excellent! The roasted cauliflower soup was extra good! The desserts are also excellent (this restaurant is a husband and wife chef team: the husband is the chef and the wife is the pastry chef). The coffee that we had with our dessert was one of the better coffees that I have had. Crossroads Restaurant has a coffee shop in a separate little building, a beautiful outdoor patio with a fireplace and a store. As a Holistic Nutritionist I am always impressed with restaurants that offer local and organic when possible and Crossroads Restaurant does this. Thank you for a delicious meal!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We weren't in a hurry to order our food, wanted to enjoy our drink, but realized that the food was very slow coming out, could have had 3 drinks, Food was excellent, Service eh, so, so, any staff we came in contact with seemed a little what's the word "confused".
We sat out in the screened in porch, probably a better choice not so noisy, restaurant is crowded and noisy. Many mosquito's as staff didn't shut the screen door from porch to outside patio, mosquito's most of the evening. The food and location saves this restaurant.

2  Thank outfordinner2014