“Food good....service slow and loud atmosphere”

Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Rosseau
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Food good....service slow and loud atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We ate there on a Saturday night recently. While the food was good (we had the pickerel, duck and salmon), the service was quite slow and it took a long time to get our meals and even our bill at the end. Plus it was really busy so the atmosphere was extremely loud...like a bar during a sporting event. If you want a quiet meal where you can chat freely, you may not want to go here.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JockLindsey

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sorely disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Poor, inattentive service. Waited so long after salad corse that we had to take our entrees "to go" so that we would not miss our event. Will not return.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank KDFG
Richmond Hill, Canada
“A bit disappointed....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Have been to this restaurant a handful of times and the service and food were always great. On my recent visit, I have to say I was a little disappointed. Food was good but the service was lacking. The restaurant was only half full yet I felt like we were rushed....and where was that service with a smile? Unfortunately, there aren't too many decent eateries up in that neck of the woods so I will probably go back - but this time will make sure to emphasize that they should take there time....

2 Thank Starfish2731
Aurora, Canada
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Second time back and equally good - excellent food, great service, warm atmosphere, and I won't hold them responsible for ruining my evening when the Senators scored with 30 seconds to go to beat the Leafs...

Muskoka, Ontario
“Really ... you should go! Easily worth the drive from Port Carling or Bracebridge.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

When I think, what do I want from a restaurant, really? It would be excellent food, great atmosphere, nice people and reasonable prices.

Crossroads definitely has all that. Since they are about the only real restaurant for miles around, they could miss out on one or two of those and still survive. But Crossroads gets 5 stars on all counts - especially the food.
I see here on the right that one of the reviews states that service was lacking. My only comment would be that it can take a little longer there, but it's because your food is prepared individually by Chef Richard - and that's worth it.
I think they still use a lot of local Muskoka ingredients in their food which is another plus, and kudos to Richard and Julie for that.