“A bit disappointed....”

Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Rosseau
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Have been to this restaurant a handful of times and the service and food were always great. On my recent visit, I have to say I was a little disappointed. Food was good but the service was lacking. The restaurant was only half full yet I felt like we were rushed....and where was that service with a smile? Unfortunately, there aren't too many decent eateries up in that neck of the woods so I will probably go back - but this time will make sure to emphasize that they should take there time....

2  Thank Starfish2731

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Second time back and equally good - excellent food, great service, warm atmosphere, and I won't hold them responsible for ruining my evening when the Senators scored with 30 seconds to go to beat the Leafs...

Reviewed February 15, 2013

When I think, what do I want from a restaurant, really? It would be excellent food, great atmosphere, nice people and reasonable prices.

Crossroads definitely has all that. Since they are about the only real restaurant for miles around, they could miss out on one or two of those and still survive. But Crossroads gets 5 stars on all counts - especially the food.
I see here on the right that one of the reviews states that service was lacking. My only comment would be that it can take a little longer there, but it's because your food is prepared individually by Chef Richard - and that's worth it.
I think they still use a lot of local Muskoka ingredients in their food which is another plus, and kudos to Richard and Julie for that.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to Crossroads for Valentines dinner last night. The had a fixed menu that was absolutely awesome. I have NEVER had such a great meal. The service was perfect, all the meal courses were timed just right, the food was a perfect temperature, and the ambiance (like a German Gashaus) was simply amazing. It was pricey, but worth every penny. As well every lady received a rose after the meal.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were recommended to the Crossroads by one of the locals and were very grateful indeed. Really excellent food, friendly people (no surprise there) and easy to find. If you're up in the Muskoka area it's well worth a visit and pretty close to the excellent Aspen Wildlife center.

1  Thank SimonandNeda