“Absolutely worth it!!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Sessame
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2019

From the team looking after you to the homemade focaccia to every course that was served - the best we’ve eaten locally by a long way. Well worth the visit. Francesca and Valentina and their team have a great thing going. We’ll be back.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (267)

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Me and my family of 7 adults enjoyed a delicious dinner there yesterday evening. We had 5 appetisers, 2 main courses, desert and wine and everything was absolutely delicious! For appetisers we had a selection of delicious courses containing of melon and ham, peppers with a filling, veal with tuna mayonnaose sauce, vegetable course and crepes with mushrooms and cheese which was my favourite one. For the main courses we got to choose between a selection of pasta and meat courses. I chose the tagliatelle pasta with basil and tomato which was actually the best pasta I have ever tasted! Simple course but the ingredients were all so absolutely delicious. I chose a fillet for the meat course which was also very tasty and delicious! For desert we also got to choose between about six options and I had delicious chocolate and lemon ice cream. We sat and enjoyed the food and company for over 4 hours! We also had nice white and red wine and coffee with the desert. The two waiters were very professional and nice. We can definitely recommend eating at this restaurant to everyone that comes to this area :) A part of my family had dined there before and also our friends so we are returning visitors and I will definitely go there again next time I visit Italy! :) Thank you!

Date of visit: June 2018
3  Thank mmarna123
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Not too long ago we went to il Giardinetto for dinner. There were 5 of us, and we all seem to have had high expectations. I can of course only account for my thoughts and observations, which did not go so well from the start. The entrance, a good sized room, prior to entering the main dining room, was stuffy smelling, a bit moldy/musty "wet dog" type of smell, which was not pleasing to me. Being winter and not being aired regularly I thought I can overlook that. The dining room was nice and large, with modern touches and "agriturismo" type of touches to it.

Once at the table, we were served bread, grissini as at other eateries and salted butter, which is unusual around here. Nice touch. The wine list was nicely put together, with many good local options available. But, with all the nice touches, and modern attempts, they had kept the one tradition I do not like in our region, the mystery of not sharing a menu with the guests, thus not knowing what you will pay for the meal you eat. The food choices were told to us verbally. They were the typical Piedmontese choices, and then slowly the selections arrived, one after another.

Most of us started by having a local bubbly and an unusual one because it was made of Barbara grapes, a local blanc de noir :-) it was delicious! One had asked for a red but it was too slow in arriving, even after 3 attempts. We stopped ourselves form having a toast until the red arrived, which could have been a quicker affair.

The food was served as in most agriturismo, brought to the table in large serving plates and served to the individuals, upon request. Trying to stay on a more plant based died, I opted out from the meat antipasti, which left me with 2 choices to eat; a roasted pepper bagna cauda and a flan (even those with a lot of dairy and the bagna cauda with anchovies, of course). All but 1 at our table ate the meat based antipasti. My main course was a chestnut gnocchi, which arrived in a rather smooshed state, not very inviting and an enormous amount. I closed my dinner with a delicious cooked pear dessert, another huge serving but delicious. The final bad note for me happened when the desserts arrived, as we happily dug in to enjoy the dishes, the restaurant got covered in cooked meat smell, perhaps some meat being grilled in the kitchen for later arrivals? When we asked the wait staff they informed us that the kitchen ventilation did not work well and this was normal :-( well, twice my nose got me in trouble! the moldy/musty entrance and the grilled meat smell just when I started my dessert!

Here is what I thought: if I am going to have a relaxed and rustic agriturismo experience I'd rather do that. At il Giardinetto there was a pretence of being a step above, but not the care and attention that needs, except for the rather high (for my mind) bill, for the amount of food we ate. I felt that I would not go back again. Thankfully, in our area, there are many agriturismi with better price/quality ratio to frequent.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

We were very happy to have been recommended to visit this restaurant by the chef at another restaurant in Bistagne. Quite simply the first place we went to were not open in the evening and so suggested Il Giardinetto. Being a Tuesday just after the bank holiday very few restaurants were open. Anyway, I digress. We were booked in for 8:30 and arrived a litle early. We were quickly invited to take our seats. From that moment on we were treated with the utmost attention and patience. We went for a little (they were not small portions I can assure you) of each of the 5 starters, then we had a pasta course followed by a mains course. We never got as far as the cheeses or the dessert which was a real shame because everything we were served, including breads, wines, coffees and licquers were all superb.

The starters consisted of smoked meats and veal sausage, peppers and anchovies, veal meatballs in vinegar and garlic, spinach soufflet and finally mushroom crepes. Every one of them was delicious, as was my ravioli pasta course served in a sage butter (other sauces were available). The mains available were all local specialities and I opted for the goat ribs - again extremely good and very, very tasty. Despite a busy restaurant we were not kept waiting for any length of time. The wines suggested all went perfectly with the food which was all fresh and delicious. If I were to visit again, which I fully intend to I will miss out the main and make sure I have room for the cheese and dessert courses. We thought we were completely full but when the coffees arrived they were provided with a selection of home made meringues and nuts coated in sugar. They all went....

A superb unrushed evening of wonderful food and wine in a clean and well appointed environment, and very friendly and accommodating staff. Great value for money.

Thank you Il Giardinetto! We will be back!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

We often come through Piemonte and we always make sure to have lunch or dinner at Il Giardinetto. The food is simple yet extremely delicious. The service is informal and always top notch. We have brought several friends and visitors to the restaurant with same outcome each time: People have a great and memorable experience with broad exposure to many of the local specialties. (More or less) all decies are made with local produce.
I highly recommend a visit to Francesca!! Extremely high value for money

Date of visit: April 2017