Spa Serenity - CLOSED
Not luxury but....

Reviewed January 13, 2014
dizabel
sister 'spa' day

I booked this spa day for myself and sisters as a treat. We were welcomed by the therapists who... read more

Reviewed December 2, 2013
stella2205
Telford, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 27, 2015

I paid £78 for treatment at Spa Serenity but forgot to claim it. However, it appears they are no longer in operation as they hired space in an hotel, are no longer there and do not appear to be anywhere else. Other people turned up to claim their day to discover they'd gone.
Lost money.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Bought this via Groupon - managed to book 1 out of the two sessions. The 1st was a nightmare to book as they made excuses till i said I would get a refund off Groupon then all off a sudden magically they could fit me in. I have attempted to make the second person booking for over a month now and they dont answer calls or return the voicemails I have left - feel like I have been conned !

1  Thank Ketsy500
Reviewed February 9, 2014

After buying a groupon voucher for spa serenity - I am very disappointed!!

After arriving at the Regency Hotel with my mom and nan I was feeling very excited to commence our pampering (with our pre booked beauty treatments). On arrival I approached the reception desk with my groupon voucher to be told that spa serenity is no longer based there. I was totally shocked and confused by what the receptionist had told me, she couldn't give me any more information or an explanation as to where spa serenity had moved to nor could she advise on what I do next or where I stand with my voucher.

I am hoping I can get a full refund for the £75 I paid - for what now seems to be a non existent company.

A courtesy call would have been nice to advise that the spa was planning on moving or closing but I heard nothing.

I am very concerned that I have been left in the dark with no answers to any of my questions??

I have paid for treatments that I have yet to receive and I would like a full refund.

The regency hotel is not local to me and I especially got up early and went out of my way to ensure I arrived on time to make the most of my spa day. After receiving no treatments and having no access to any of the spa facilities promised I returned home very upset and disappointed feeling conned.

1  Thank RACHEL W
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I brought a groupon voucher to receive 3 treatments. My appointment was booked and I was really looking forward to treat. I arrvied to the salon at 18.10 despite my appointment booked in for 18.30. Upon arrival the gym receptionist informed that the salon was closed and no one was upstairs. I waited till 18.30 and called the number a few times. No one turned up and no one picked up my calls. I am really disappointed that my appointment didnt go a head and no one bothered to call out of courtesy to cancel. I am now trying to receive a refund from groupon as I do not intend to go back!

2  Thank Poonam M
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Having read previous reviews, I was worried about going for my treatments! Must say though, yes treatment rooms are tiny, place is in need of refurb, which is happening, but the treatments and the girls are lovely. Not a 'luxury' spa, but worth the cost using a Groupon offer.

1  Thank dizabel
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We got this Spa deal from Groupon. As we went into the Spa entrance we were coldly welcomed by a pool attendant. Very unpleasant , not welcoming at all. We told him we had a voucher, he quickly said the treatment rooms were only rented of them and it was as if we were an inconvenience to him by being there.On the voucher it stated we could pay 50p to hire a towel. He said this wasn't possible..I
Didn't argue or it would've spoilt my day. We were told there were lockers but NO locks!! We weren't told to bring a lock on booking.. We kept all our belongings with us by the pool. The pool was small but ok for what we wanted, jacuzzi hot so enjoyable. BUT the Pool area was cold , two loungers , but to cold to sit there to relax.Sauna ad steam rooms ok, small but as it was quiet this was fine for us.We had booked treatments at 4.30 so we're leaving the pool at 4.. It was a good job we hadn't booked later as children were coming in with parents for swimming lessons.. ( with shoes on in pool area)!! So much for hygiene..we felt in the way. I was glad to leave..we got dressed in an overcrowded changing room with kids and parents.We went upstairs where we were greeted by a sweet girl in the beauty area.we were early as we left the pool early due to our horrid experience.. The waiting area was tiny.We had to wait for another therapist to arrive ...we had our treatment which was nice. Rooms small..didn't feel as if I'd had a good relaxing day as I had set out to have.. The hotel looks great from the road and to be honest I'd've expected better.. Won't be returning and unfortunately my experience has made me feel that the hotel would be the same.
My advice to the hotel-get a new pool attendant with a welcoming manner, first opinions count,he is representing your hotel too.. My advice to people going to the Spa. Think twice!!

1  Thank shellpots
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I booked this spa day for myself and sisters as a treat.
We were welcomed by the therapists who were really nice and we were all pleased with our treatments, the 2 rooms were relaxing and welcoming.
HOWEVER the venue was really disappointing, dated, dirty uncomfortable and generally ruined the whole experience. I feel really disappointed and have just wasted a lot of money.
I would not recommend this as a 'spa' day, as really it is '2 treatment rooms'
not what I was expecting at all. :(

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I bought a groupon voucher and I was ready to walk straight back out as this is far from a luxury spa. The waiting area is a stool (containing towels), which you have to move off every time towels are required, and a table in a dingy corridor. The towels were small, thin and grotty, no expense spared I could see!! I had the hot stones massage which was OK at best, and I had booked the pedicure which I was told was just "painting your toenails". So I opted for a FULL body exfolation which turned out to be full body only if I was a very small person (i.e. half a body was exfoliated). I know it was discounted but I want my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank KJ0700
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Was bought a visit to this "spa" with a massage through Wowcher as a birthday present. Massage was cancelled on the day due to illness, but we asked if we could visit the spa anyway. Couldn't believe it when we arrived - changing rooms were horrible, no lock on toilet door, no toilet paper, hand drier didn't work, shower was in the dark, towel rail was hanging out of the wall on a loose screw, most of the lockers didn't shut as the metal doors were bent out of shape and there were any padlocks for us to use (we were told we could take our things poolside!).

The pool was tiny and, had we arrived at our arranged time, swimming lessons would have taken up half of it. There were still children in the pool when we arrived, despite a sign saying no under-18s. I love children, but, as a teacher and a parent, I had hoped for a day away from other people's!

The jacuzzi was also tiny, so we couldn't even get into it at first. The button to turn it on was hanging off the wall and another guest had to demonstrate the "knack" to turn it on. We couldn't get into the sauna as it was occupied by a man reading the paper (only room for one)! When we could get in, we had to remove his paper and a load of empty cups. We were never offered a towel, although there were plenty of used ones on the floor.

Have read a previous review saying this place was like a council swimming pool, but that's an insult to my local pools which are 100 times more pleasant than this. Cannot believe that anyone staying in this hotel would accept these facilities. It is easily the worst pool I have ever visited.

The staff member on duty admitted that they were actually a spa! Goodness knows how this "experience" could be worth £210, as Wowcher claim. It was an experience, but not a pleasant one.

I couldn't face the thought of returning to the "facilities" or even going for the massage at a later date. The only positive comment I can make is that I did get a full refund from Wowcher, but sadly I didn't get my relaxing birthday present.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you are looking to go to a spa to have a relaxing and luxurious experience this is defiantly NOT the place to go.

Our day started with a young girl who looked clearly upset telling us that she was very sorry to say that she was on her own as one of the other girls had phoned in sick so she would have to stagger our treatment back to back leaving one of us to be waiting around for the other for over an hours.

Whilst waiting for my friend in the very poky and badly decorated reception area another two women who were booked in for a treatment session came in complaining about the facilities and cut my friend massage short as she could hear the commotion going on outside.

I have to say that we did feel sorry for the girl who was left to deal with all this but she dealt with the situation as best as she could after not being able to speak to her manager as she had turned off her phone.

Afterwards our plans had been to then go to the swimming pool and sauna but unfortunately there was a children's swimming class going on so the pool was full so we opted for a Jacuzzi.

After getting into the Jacuzzi we proceeded to press the start button but to no avail. IT DID NOT WORK!!!!

We both agreed that this was not the experience that we were hoping for and would not recommend anything to do with the Serenity Spa or the Hotel that it rents it two very small and dirty rooms from.

Bywater & Byng