“New Years day breakfast ”

The Regency Hotel Solihull
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shirley
Leed
“New Years day breakfast ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We went down for breakfast at 1030am and it was a joke there was no hot food on the buffet the staff was doing there best to help but who ever was cooking the food needs a right kick up the back side apart from the breakfast the hotel was really nice and service staff really good I would come back but next time I won't bother booking breakfast.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Markwmore
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with the breakfast at the Hotel, we have recently made some changes to our Kitchen team.
I am pleased to hear that the service you received from our staff was friendly, we do pride ourselves on always providing a friendly and professional service to all guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future and hope you will be able to enjoy a breakfast cooked by our new Kitchen team.
Best Wishes
Amy Curtis
Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We visit every year, leaving with no complaints at all, however this year was absolutely diabolical. The choice of menu was terrible, the vegetables were undercooked, lack of presentation. The atmosphere of the night was lovely, I cannot fault that. The staff New Years eve were friendly, lovely company to share our night with.

In our room, one light bulb did not work. I have no further comments regarding the room, other than the new refurbishment is a major improvement and is much more appealing now.

Now, where do I start with breakfast? We arrived for breakfast at 10.30. (Breakfast is served till 11) Myself and the rest of the party had to clear the tables ourselves, ask the staff to clean our table, then wait around 15-20 minutes to receive tea and coffee once we requested it.
It was not a happy atmosphere attending breakfast. There was no food at all to eat. A member of staff was rude, did not seem to care. My friend was talking to him, mid conversation, he walked off with a filthy look on his face! No customer service skills whatsoever.

We will no longer be attending any of the events.

Room Tip: Choose and executive room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Shirley hotels

Coventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Just returned from a frank Sinatra night but the worse tribute I've ever seen I've seen better in my local but the difference is we paid nearly 100 quid each inc accommodation . Good job we are not Sinatra fans he only sang 2 or 3 of his songs .the dj missed the Big Ben countdowns as well it was ludicrous.
The prices in the bar were very expensive we actually popped to a nearby bar in the afternoon and a very upmarket bar at that and the drinks that cost 12 pound a round cost over 16 in the hotel bar.

Food was good and room was ok no complaints there but the hotel was extremely hot and then on to breakfast .... Well there wasn't any just a great big que waiting for food that wasn't arriving I've never seen so many people complaining to no avail so we went to mcdonalds on the way home .we won't be going to anymore party nights here first and last time.absolute shambolic management .

Room Tip: Long walk to rooms ask for one neR reception
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We came on a Groupon deal which was a spa day with treatments and I had paid £5 per person on top for use of the facilities. Upon arrival, there was no one to greet us and we were informed by reception that we could not use the pool because swimming lessons were being held. There were 3 hard seats and a table in a cold, draughty area by the treatment rooms and the staff did not know if I could get a drink or not as they stated they were a franchise and not part of the hotel. I went to reception and was then sent to the breakfast area where I had to wait for a drink. The staff and the service were adequate but I did not feel welcomed. The toilets were not clean and it did not feel in any way a luxury hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

My friend and I have just visited this hotel for a Christmas Lunch 12.30pm on the 18th December.2013.

The meal was a three course meal and we enjoyed a complimentary coffee. The
food was delicious and plentiful. For our main course we chose the salmon and it was cooked to perfection. The starter and the dessert were equally delicious. We weren't rushed and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would definitely recommend it to anyone. We were really pleased and extremely good value. The restaurant was was very pleasing. Our waitress Clair S was equally obliging and a lovely lady. We shall certainly come again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Valerie C
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Myself, my bestfriend and her mum and dad stayed last weekend, 14th and 15th December, with a coach party from National Holidays. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel was lovely, clean, large and relaxing. We had a lovely xmas dinner in the evening with entertainment provided. We could not fault anything. The food was plentiful, hot and very tasty. The bedrooms were ample size, clean and tidy. The staff were very polite, helpful and plentiful, not having to wait at either bar. We would definately recommend this hotel, who coped very well with a large coach party. Well done to both staff and Manager.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I was look for a hotel to stay at when I came up from bath to visit family that live in solihull and I saw the regency hotel. We had a table for 5 the food was very good and the male wait was very good. Well so were all the staff. I will look forward to the next stay

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank grahem
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shirley
Ramada Birmingham Solihull
The St. John's Hotel
The St. John's Hotel
#14 of 25 in Solihull
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,010 reviews

Been to The Regency Hotel Solihull? Share your experiences!