“Great for surfing and families”
Review of Las Flores Resort

Las Flores Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in El Cuco
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We loved Las Flores. The kids ran from the room to the beach barefoot all day long. They could surf all day. The hotel was very crowded when we were there so the service was a little slow. That didn't bother us too much. We just sat and enjoyed the view. One thing I love is that there is a view from everywhere at this hotel-from your room, to the pool, to the restaurant to the hammocks. It did bother me that you don't know how much you are spending as you go. There are no receipts, they just take your name so our bill at check out was more than I expected. The extra drinks are expensive considering the cost of living there. I was hoping for a break in that regard.

Room Tip: All rooms are great and have views. Love that many rooms can accommodate 5 or more people. Huge p...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy W

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We wanted to experience a beach vacation in El Salvador, and chose Las Flores Resort, even though we had never surfed before. The resort is set on an amazing property with a private beach and wonderful amenities (infinity edge pool, hot tub, spa, etc). The yoga platform is up on a hill overlooking the ocean and is also the setting for sunset cocktails. The second floor dining pavilion overlooks the beach and there was always a fantastic breeze around noon. The setting is so secluded and peaceful! The food was amazing (Salvadoran lobster one night) and the room was great (junior suite) with ocean views and full amenities including flat screet TV, etc. Since we had never surfed before, we took lessons from Gabriel from Ecuador who was really patient with beginners! But I think one of the best parts about the resort was the comradery and sense of community among the other guests. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming and it was easy to make friends. Reservations were well coordinated by Henry at Wave Hunters who set up everything for us, including airport transfers. Another plus, the currency in El Salvador is the US dollar. Las Flores was a wonderful place to fully relax and enjoy a fun vacation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ChazInLA
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place will spoil you - whether you are an accomplished surfer, a beginning surfer or a non-surfer. You know you've arrived somewhere special from the moment you first enter the gates of this beautiful property. The grounds are immaculately maintained but still lush and tropical. The rooms are spotlessly clean and beachy comfortable - all beautifully situated on a hillside with open views of the world-class surf break right out front. The vibe here is unpretentious but still feels first class and luxurious. Our upgrade to a suite midweek added even more luxury to our stay. The food was absolutely delicious and the variety of offerings so much more than anticipated. Be sure not to miss out on the papusas! All the staff were friendly and accommodating - really making the guests feel looked after at every turn. As a beginning surfer - I took advantage of the lessons offered by the resort and was so lucky to have Yepi as my instructor. His patience is legendary and his ability to get me up and surfing and having fun in such a short time was a testament to his well-honed but low key teaching style. Roberto was also terrific - attending to all the little details that help make the experience at Las Flores so effortless and relaxing. Lastly – the amenities here will have you blissed out. From the hammocks swaying beachfront to the gorgeous pool to the cliff top massages to the serene yoga deck with a view that’s not to be believed – we didn’t want to leave and can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica T
Reviewed October 19, 2013

For me it was The Best place I have Ever being in El Salvador , And Central América.
The SERVICE Was so good,nice, smiling,. The food was good And with a 4 or 5star menú .
Our suite was at The top, so we enjoy The beautiful view of The Beach And The océan, when you open Your eyes in The morning.
There aré too, some amenities for averyone on The Family. My grand children enjoy surfing, fishing, The splendid swingming pool, The Beach, And treking over the mountain. Ii enjoy de Yoga desk, The hamaca, The good energy ,You feel all over The place.
As I like very much plants And flowers, i enjoy The beatiful gardens, tropical flowers, coconut trees,mangoo trees,. Everything was beautifull, delicioso, And clean.
I completly recomend It, as The place deserves this recomendación.
Dont pay attention to my writtting. My iPad is not helping me.

Room Tip: Choose a Room with a view! Higuer floors have It all!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rossal00
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I knew little of this area as we planned a last minute vacation here. Henry at WaveHunters SET US UP! Since I am always the "travel agent" in the family, I really appreciated Henry taking care of all the details in getting us from Alaska to a little spot of heaven in El Salvador. From the minute we stepped out of the airport and were greeted by our sweet smiling driver we had nothing more to do than sit back, relax and truly be on vacation - no thinking involved!

Upon arrival at Las Flores, we were immediately immersed in luxury as to our surprise, they upgraded our room. Our room was impressive with floor to ceiling glass panels that slid completely open to create an amazing indoor/outdoor space with fabulous views of the ocean. The room was immaculate and even better, completely bug free the whole time! Not common in a tropical environment so I really appreciated this.

As a non-surfing spouse to my surfer husband, I really loved that the resort had many great places to just hang out, but by far my favorite was the cliff top yoga deck. The staff was beyond nice and attentive and Roberto was a wonderful combination of charming and professional. The food was delicious and would compare to any 5 star restaurant, with a nice variety every night.

I joke that my husband "dragged me to a surf camp", but the joke is on him, as I enjoyed it as much or more than he did. I would go again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Holly H
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've been going to the Las Flores Resort nearly every year for the last five years. It has always been safe and clean with good food, but we went to Las Flores for the waves. The resort sits above a world class point break and provides boat access to another 10 right point breaks as well. This year I noticed the resort had reached a whole new level. The service was friendly, and efficient but now all of sudden the food went from good to great. The food went from filling to healthy and tasty. The servers all seemed to remember my name and there was no shortage of smiles. The bottom line is that the surfers visiting were stoked and the people that worked there were genuinely joyful. They didn't over book the resort either and that is important because there were plenty of waves for everybody. This year they added an outdoor yoga studio, spa and hiking trails. Of course the waves were amazing but for the first time I could actually visualize bringing my whole family because their are so many amenities in a beautiful place. El Salvador is amazing and Las Flores is a truly special place that I would recommend to anyone with a good attitude searching for good waves and great service.

Room Tip: El Salvador means the "Savior"
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DiegoGuy
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was here for a week to indulge in warm ocean water surfing, yoga twice-daily and a beautiful hotel setting with my friends. It was fabulous. It wasn't crowded, the staff was incredibly friendly, the food was amazing (the soups in El Salvador are to die for!) and there is a swim-up bar (sort of... we made it one - ha!) and hammocks under the trees, fresh coconuts they serve you and incredible surfing in warm water just footsteps from the hotel. The yoga there was one of the most beautiful spots in the world with the ocean below you and the platform is covered with a shade protector. It was truly paradise. My friends and I talk constantly about going back there - and I know we will. It's affordable, clean and beautiful and a lovely escape from your daily life. Even if you don't surf, there's plenty to do - if you like to relax, lay in the sun or in a hammock and take yoga. :)

Room Tip: If you can get an ocean view, that's great... but all the rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
#2 of 5 in San Miguel
Hotel Miraflores
Hotel Miraflores
#2 of 8 in El Cuco

Been to Las Flores Resort? Share your experiences!