“Complete rip-off!”

Wild Park Derbyshire
More attraction details
Owner description: Wild Park Derbyshire is a family run business offering Paintballing, Woodland Laser Tag, multi terrain Quad Biking, Archery, Crossbow and Pistol shooting. We have been established for over 25 years in the Peak District. We are situated in the heart of Derbyshire but only 10 minutes from the City of Derby.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Booked as a group and we are all excited and expected a good time, instead all we got is a pretty boring trek with a limited time; and plenty of 'briefing'. Complete rip-off for the money we had to pay. Not to mention the absolute vile smell from old helmets and suits we were given! If we are paying that much money at least wash your equipment!

10  Thank jassysdhu
WildParkDerbyshire, Owner at Wild Park Derbyshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Hi Jassysdhu

Thank you for your review and feedback, we always welcome feedback from our customers.

I am very sorry and disappointed to hear that you felt that your quad trek was not value for money. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible experience here at Wild Park.

We provide the best equipment that outstrips other activity centres. Our overalls are washed after every single use, as are the balaclavas. The balaclavas are provided as a hygiene layer between the riders and the helmets. We wash our helmets on a regular basis, but being an outdoor activity centre we are always working in a muddy environment so it is inevitable that the equipment will get muddy during your activity. We apologise that you felt that your helmets were not up to standard and we will look into this. Had you mentioned the smell on the day, we would of course have swapped your helmet immediately.

We have continually reinvested into our activities by keeping our equipment and facilities up to date, of top quality and most importantly safe for our customers.

I cannot apologise however for the level of briefing that is given before each trek. Quad bike trekking is a high risk activity and the safety of our customers is paramount. We have to ensure that each and every rider is happy and competent before setting off to ensure a great experience for all. The instructors assess the ability of the riders continually during the trek meaning that each trek is specifically tailored to the group’s ability and this, combined with the fantastically diverse terrain we have at our disposal means that people rarely find the treks boring.

We take all feedback very seriously and always relay comments to the rest of the team to ensure we continually improve the experience that we provide, with this in mind I would very much appreciate you supplying me with some more information about the group that you came with. If you could provide the name of the group, the date and time of your visit I will be able to investigate your experience further to ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

As I am sure you have seen for yourself, we very rarely receive a bad review from our customers, in-fact the majority of our reviews are excellent with many customers stating that we offer ‘excellent value for money’ and ‘Can't praise it highly enough”, which is why your review comes as such a disappointment and surprise to us. It is a shame you didn’t raise your concerns with a member of the team on the day so that we could have addressed it at the time.

If you would like to discuss your comments further please don’t hesitate to contact me on 01335 360485 or email me, info@wildparkderbyshire.com

Kind regards

"hour session"
"see you soon"
"between games"

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My Girlfriend and I booked the 15M quad trekking experience as last minute treat last weekend and absolutely loved it!. After a fairly lengthy safety briefing we were taken by a member of staff to get acquainted with our quads and meet our instructors (Jodie, Grant (os) and another chap). The group consisted of about 9 of us but we were immediately broken smaller groups (based on who you came with).

We was very lucky to just have the 2 of us and our instructor Jodie who absolutely made the afternoon for us, he made us feel very welcome and taught us how to be safe on a quad yet having great fun. Before we new it was speeding round acres of land at top speed! Every type of terrain was met except for sand (ie woods, water, steep hills and open land) which was excellent

I would highly recommend this to any couple, group of friends and we will be returning.

Thanks again and hopefully see you soon!

John and Ursula

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I booked this for my fiancé for his birthday as a surprise and neither of us were disappointed. We had a brilliant time out on the quads! We went on the 15mile trek, I would definitely recommend paying the extra money to get longer out on the quads. Our instructor Grant was brilliant, he made it very exciting for us. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and polite and made the experience fun from start to finish. Top tip... If you want to drive fast & get the best out of your experience you need to take all the safety issues seriously and drive the quads sensibly!!! Take the advice and you will get the best experience

1  Thank elsabeth69
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Thank you for a great time teaching us how to shoot arrows for my hen do :) maid marion and her merry hens had a fab time. Please could you upload the photo so everyone can download their own copy? :) thank you!!!!