Westin Sohna Resort and Spa
$121
$208
$190
Country Inn
ITC Grand Bharat(Gurugram (Gurgaon))
$244
TripAdvisor
Goodcare Residency(Gurugram (Gurgaon))
TripAdvisor
1,250 results
All reviewshorse ridingmini zooluxury villakids clubchinese restaurantanimal farmglass roofliving roomkids roombeautiful propertycricket groundkids play areaapproach roadperfect weekendlawn tennisdelhi ncrswimming pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I happened to visit the westin for the long weeknd of 15th August 08 wth my wife. Being a new resort i expected it to be nice and swanky wth good service. On the contrary, at check in it self i happened to have a big arguement with check in staff. I had read reviews here earlier that they are really not treating their guests well but thought that it must have been a one off. The check in staff refused to cooperate with us and just said no that cant be done to every thing we asked for. After a huge effort, they checked us in and one would expect that the least thing could be that they would get your luggage to your room just because the check in process was a disaster. It took them 2 hoursto get our luggage to the room. The room was nice, clean and well kept. However, the second disaster was the swimming pool with tiles falling apart and algae in the pool you dint want to be in the pool at all. We decided to order some food by the pool and the waiter refused to serve us as it was getting slightly dark saying that if i serve you you'll say this and that to me. Its better you go to the retaurant and order. The food was good and the restaurant looked like the only good part of the hotel. The Spa was nice as well with good therapists. Overall, the place is not bad but starwood really needs to look into how their brand is getting a shameful name becasue of the service the staff is giving. We were not the only people with this view. We met some friends there and they all had had similar experience during the stay. I would say stay away from this place till they can get their service sorted otherwise you would really be buring your money.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CKA3
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Needs too much work and service not at all up to par. Very dirty pool. The place is not good value for money. Attention to detail is badly missing. They have a long way to go to be a world standard spa resort.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I planned a weekend trip to Westin Sohna. I was really excited as I had heard a lot about the property. The property was based on the Oberoi Vilas hotels. Indeed the property was wonderful.

I checked in at Westin at 3.00 pm on a saturday afternoon. A rather odd time for checking in in Indian hotels. And their checkout time is standard - 12.00 noon. So they dont even give you full 24 hours if you pay the rent for one entire day.

When I checked in I realised (or was made to realise) that the hotel was sold out. Thankfully I had booked the hotel in advance. The package that I had included a lunch and a breakfast. I was told that this lunch was for the day I had checked in - I put in a request to convert it to dinner. After all a meal is a meal - how much difference will it make to a big 5 star hotel to accommodate a trivial request like this. I was told that the since the hotel is sold out - it wont be possible. Some miracle happened and they informed me that they will accomodate my request.

As we checked into our room - a dustbin full of trash, an ashtray full of ciggerets, and clogged bathroom drains welcomed me.

We rushed straight to the pool. It was a very warm evening. At the pool there were about 6-8 workers doing some repair work. Actually they were waiting for the women to get into their swimwear so that they can get a good look. Why cant Westin get decent people to work for them. I know they are hard to find - but a 5 star can definitely manage to get some onboard.

Finally it was dinner time. I had to repeat the entire saga of converting a lunch to dinner at least 4 times before I was served any dinner. I have never been made to feel like this for a dinner ever. So we had a sweaty dinner finally. None of the common areas - restaurants, bars etc have a decent air conditioning.

Then it was check out time the next day. Our request to extend this by an hour was rejected. Because the hotel was SOLD OUT! Well if they can give us the room at 4 instead of 3 - how can they be so particular about the check out time.

At the time of signing the bill, their printer didnt work. So i was told that the bill was being emailed to me. I haven't received it yet.

Westin was a disaster. I was planning to go there with my entire family - but now I dont think I would want to step into that property ever again. All this happend when the hotel had already got a lot of business from the company I work for. I am one of the decision makers in this company and they knew this!!

So all the people planning a weekend getaway - drive a few extra hours and checkin at Oberois Rajvilas. It has great ambience, nicer property, friendly and accomodating people, big heart (we were there for a weekend - and the dinner was free - they didnt charge anything for my guests who were not staying at the hotel!!), decent people around (not gawking at you) and perfect communication (they will know your name when you enter the hotel!!)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Vrinda
Reviewed June 8, 2008

My wife and i stayed here and booked 2 rooms for our brother and sister in laws who are from delhi. we are from toronto and have seen many resorts from around the world. We where 2 stays 2 nights but left after the first night. The resort is away from delhi which is what we wanted. the resort is almost impossible to find. We found that the directions given where horrible by the front desk. After finally getting to the resort and checking in they gave us rooms with no air conditioning. after numerous complaints they finally agreed to switch our rooms (this took over an hour). They gave us a upgrade to a suite. This was annoying as a starwood platinum member they would normally just give this to me. I had requested it but they said they had no suites in the hotel available as they where sold out. The rooms are amazing. the restaurants are amazing. The only problem is that we where the only people in the restaurants. The resort was empty. It was dead.this made it very weird....It was a graveyard. Pool is nice, however the tiles are cracked on the floor so you can't stand in the pool either.. Also the staff at this hotel are very nice but very untrained. They had no idea about anything.

My wife commented that this place is probably a place for delhi men to bring there mistresses as no one could find them or see them!!!!!!!

We are now back in delhi at the mauya starwoods luxury collection hotel in delhi. Life is good again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yyz35m
Reviewed April 26, 2008

A really good hotel...

The journey there at night can be a little daunting, especially if you've never travelled on Indian roads... and the last few kilometres take you onto narrower and narrower roads... it is a relief to arrive!

The hotel is set in beautifully landscaped grounds, each suite (they don't do rooms) being in its own building. Rooms have a lounge area, bedroom with four-poster bed (Westin bed... so good) and an immense bathroom with glass roof over the bath. Shower is great but poorly designed, flooding the floor every time used. Off the living room there is a patio area where a hammock is hung daily.

Food was very good; I was part of a group booking so lots of buffets but if that was indicative of the quality of the a la carte meals, they would be very good. You would want to eat at the hotel as there is very little or nothing outside (v poor villages). My sense was that prices are quite steep.

Gym and swimming pools very well thought out.

I really didn't want to leave after this conference!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business