A very special experience. Very good guiding, especially for birdwatching, attractive little huts to stay in, discreetly scattered through the forest. The lake is perfect for swimming and canoeing - an utterly beautiful and romantic place.
Food good, but could be better. The communal facilities are distinctly comfortless, so the atmosphere is worthy rather than fun. But if you want to really get a feel for what rainforest is, then this is undoubtedly one of the best places to come to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalalan is an ecolodge located on the shore of Lake Chalalanan, the heart of Madidi National Park, in the heart of the Bolivian Amazon. The cabins are built in the traditional style of the Tacana indigenous people, with roofs of jatata and walls of chonta equipped with mosquito nets, private bathrooms, solar energy system. We accommodate up to 30 guests with all the comfort in the jungle. Our specialty is the environmental interpretation walks by the beautiful trails and the routes in rowing canoe by the lagoon Chalalan. This venture contributes to the conservation of biodiversity and to the economy of the indigenous people of San José de Uchupiamonas, owner of the lodgehas double, triple and triple cabins, a dining room equipped with a bar and a rest room. It is possible to hold workshops, events and scientific expeditions, birdwatching, fungi, amphibians or just relax in the hammocks and contemplate the lagoon from our pier and our elevated viewpoint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Chalalan Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chalalan Ecolodge Hotel Madidi National Park
- Chalalan Ecolodge Bolivia/Madidi National Park