“Fantastic food, long wait”
Review of The Three Crutches

The Three Crutches
Ranked #31 of 41 Restaurants in Strood
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

A lovely old restaurant and very popular. We were a party of 12 and it took over an hour for the meal to be served, there was a part missing on one meal and a whole main course missing, this was sorted out within 5 minutes. However the food itself was well worth the wait, it was delicious and worth the wait. I don't know what the hold up was but if they sorted it out they would probably be even busier.
Well worth a visit if you don't mind waiting.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Arrived to feel rather neglected 4th member of staff asked if she could help...yes they were busy.
shown to table order for drinks taken fine...brought dessert which was not ours....30mins later order taken....45mins later food arrived. In the mean time we had children playing around bashing people with ballons getting the hump when the adults bashed them back with them.......its gone 9pm..why are they in the pub at this time of night? Asked for a window to be open as a few tables were saying how hot it was the back door was opened as windows were locked...child shut door..door was opened again...child shut door....door was opened again.....this time adult had word with child to leave it open. There were a few other tables in agreement that lunch time is fine but saturday night wont be back due to waiting time even those who booked a table were left waiting. Suggestion have a time limit on children in your pub some people go out for a break away from the kids and end up with other peoples kids in an adult surroundings....not good.
Would go back at lunch time but not during an evening at weekend.

4  Thank jeanm635679
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Really impressed they really went to town, all candle lit. had the wow factor as soon as you walked in.
The food was excellent, three courses which were fantastic followed by a massive buffet.
I had my two little ones there and the staff were fantastic, swapping the hot plate for my son without me even asking.
My husband knocked over his beer all over the table, I advised a guy who replied 'no problem were sort it'
I cannot fault anything the staff were all so friendly and it really made the day.
I don't recall food that good at many a wedding.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

we have been here 5/6 times over the years the staff are always pleasant, big outside spaces for the kids to run around with playground
the food is the high end of the so called pub grub, and not to pricey, if we go out for a meal close to home this is the place to go ,,,,
the only let down ( and it is a tiny one ) is the garlic bread very pricy and it looks like the very cheep stuff you get from the supermarket nasty

1  Thank keith m
Reviewed August 4, 2013

visited a couple of weeks ago, we are always treated with respect and are looked after very well by the waitresses, we have been on many occasions over the years and have had only one bad meal in I suspect about 50 meals!!
last time was 2 for £10, you can`t really argue with that!! generous portions and well cooked, this time I`m giving it a 5 *!!

1  Thank rochesterrogue