“Excellent day out for kids & very big kids too”
Review of Diggerland

Diggerland
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Strood
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Drive your own dumper trucks, excavators, as well as mini and giant JCB diggers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Brighton
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent day out for kids & very big kids too”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

6 of us went at the weekend with ages from 2 1/2 to 49. Everyone enjoyed it. Little ones need to be over 90cm to get onto enough rides to keep them happy (& they measure for all the rides). They get to do things on their own & also to ride on bigger ones with a taller person. The 4 adults had a brilliant time too going on all of the rides & using all the machinery. It was a day with everyone smiling all of the time. Lots of picnic tables around so easy to eat your own food if you brought it & car park so near you can leave stuff in the car & collect (get your hand stamped on the way out). Only tried the Dig Inn restaurant for drinks which were an average price. Staff very friendly & got out more machinery once a queue started. I imagine will get much busier in the summer.

Visited May 2013

“Great family day out, fun rides and lovely food!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We took our 8 and 13 year old here and it's the most fun we've had for a while. It's always difficult to please both children being different ages, but there wasn't a dull moment at Diggerland. Both were kept amused all day.

Park felt safe, a great choice of rides and experiences. Pretty sure the adults were having as much fun as the children! A lot different to any other family day out in the UK.

I am usually skeptical about canteens on parks but was very impressed with the enthusiastic and very friendly staff at their onsite restaurant. Canteen and toilets were very clean, great service and lovely food which was cooked fresh and served to our table. Would definitely recommend eating here over taking a picnic. Was the perfect end to a fantastic day.

We will be back

On the beach
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“MEGA JUST MEGA ! (PS - kids like it too .....)”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

In times of health and safety madness - Diggerland is brilliant !

Diggerland is not like going to a typical 'Theme park" where your kids just sit and have the activity amuse them - here the kids are fully involved. Its great for parents and kids

I have 2 kids - (4 & 11 boy and girls) and Diggerland was the perfect place for them to go and both have a brilliant time.

There are about 15 different activities from Digging with FULL SIZE JCB's to driving full size BOB CATS and mini sized Land Rovers.

Older children can drive a 4 x 4 fully supervised - must be 1.4 m +

You have to be 0.9 m tall (about 4 years old) to drive/go on most of the machinery.

Its well supervised and safe - but its great fun. Kids can sit on your lap of simply do it themselves (on most things)

(Everything is free - time limited but then you can re-que ! Its £1 for the bumper cars but dont bother !)

At £17.50 its great value - the waiting times were small [Less than 5 mins] - Food is good and the shop is pretty fairly priced.

Very helpful and friendly staff !

You can spend a whole day here - kids will not get bored ! If it raining take wellies !

1 Thank shorehambeachUK
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent day out for the kids!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is just round the corner from me and I can't believe I hadn't been here sooner!

There are so much exciting things for kids and adults to do, not just digging!

There are numerous driving facilities for the kids as well as rides, tours an outdoor and soft play area.

I would say make note of the height restrictions they are reasonable and are at a height appropriate for a child that would enjoy and appreciate it. Most allow you as an adult to get on with the kids or you can go on your own as can the kids.

Staff are extremely friendly and please my which was a bonus.

Will be going back in a matter of weeks!

Well worth every penny!

1 Thank misspalmer82
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“JCBs! Land Rovers! What more do you need?!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Took our three year old here for his fourth birthday – confusing I know. He wanted to come here as soon as he heard it existed. I have to be honest, I was a bit apprehensive when I saw some of the pictures as the whole thing seemed to be in a large muddy field, but it isn't, far from it. The whole thing was really well organised and laid out. with concrete paths and gates and everything… not concrete gates, obviously… or concrete everythi… oh, you know what I mean.

Our little boy had a great time, being just over a metre tall he was able to ride on pretty much everything which was vital to the enjoyment of the day. He did need an adult to go on with him which absolutely sucked. You can imagine, grown men being forced to ride diggers, bulldozers and tractors. It was hell on earth.

I would recommend going in good weather if you can as it is rather exposed to the elements and it does take a few hours to everything. We also went out of season (yesterday) and got there when it opened. This meant that we could get around the park without queues. If it does get busy you can always head to the bottom end of the park and work back as that way you will go against the flow. I'll give you that tip for free. You owe me.

Only real downside is that it is rather expensive if you have children over 90cm as they have to pay the full price. It cost us the best part of £45 for all of us but, let's be honest, the adults get as much fun as the children – my wife can now say she has driven a JCB digger, now where else could you say that?

2 Thank James B