“5 Star”

Premier Inn Rochester Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Strood
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed for one night on a short break / shopping trip. I don't usually review UK hotels so I thought I would approach this as if I were staying abroad and review it from that point of view. If this hotel was on a Spanish Island or Cyprus, Greece (anywhere on the Med') It would be 5 star plus.
Carpeted floors, with no stains. Absolutely spotless bathroom. No hint of mould in the grouting, No leaky shower head, Constant water pressure, not a chance of some pernickety reviewer snapping a shot of a bit of cobweb or a dead cockroach under the sink.
I think sometimes we forget how good we are in this country at customer service and it is far too easy too condemn big companies. You would be very hard pressed to find this degree of cleanliness and service anywhere in Europe.
We didn't use the hotel restaurant because there was so much choice just across the road. Mc D's, A Hungry Horse, Frankie and Benny's, Chiquito and more being built as we speak.
Rochester shopping is a short drive away. Couldn't walk it easily. Great view across the Medway river and a CineWorld next door if you fancy a film.
Going back to the European holiday hotel analogy. If this place had a swimming pool, Mediterranean weather and an all inclusive option I'd be booking my summer holiday there now.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here whilst on business for 4 days from the 23 september. I am not usually a fan of budget hotels but I was pleasantly surprised. You have to use the electronic booking system a bit like an atm but easy to use and someone is there to help. There was adequate parking.

The room was clean and tidy and I liked the fact that lone female travellers like myself are not put in the ground floor rooms and at end of corridors for safety which is company policy.

The staff were really attentive and very polite. The restaurant was good and the breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice. As I normally don't like breakfast in budget hotels.

Iwould definitely use again well done premier inn.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Bupsy1
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We recently stayed at the Rochester premier inn. I am a wheelchair user, my husband a pensioner. My daughter with learning difficulties was also with us. The hotel was very comfortable, clean and quiet. The staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful.Particular praise is due to Jamie on reception for his pleasant manner and extreme helpfulness. We were sorry to leave after only one night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ann s
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The location was ideal. Hotel and room were very clean. Pillows absolutely rubbish! Housekeeping knocked on our door every 20mins in the morning. Rubbish when you have had a night out and want a lay-in!! No 'do not disturb' signs in room to put on outside of door. Only if this was improved would I stay again. Nice to have Macdonalds right across from hotel :-)

1  Thank carmsneil
Reviewed September 17, 2013

A nice hotel, clean and comfortable, but a little way out of town although it is in a really picturesque river side setting. We booked early and got a really good price for a 2 night stay, A really friendly and efficent staff too. Would definately use this hotel if in the area again

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have stayed in a number of Premier Inns and although you would expect the same standard of service throughout the chain, this was the best so far.

The main reasons were the self-service booking in, although the receptionist, who was very busy, still checked whether we had managed it OK.

The restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. They came back to check we had enjoyed it and didn't seem as if they were just following a script. We hadn't experienced the breakfasts before, always leaving in the early hours, but this too was very good, well cooked, a good selection and, again, helpful staff.

As expected the room was standard - clean and maintained, with a bath, and although we looked out onto the railway line this did not cause a problem.

The only downside is that there are no phones in the rooms now so you cannot programme an alarm call which you have to get up to cancel. I suspect they believe everyone uses their mobile now.

Room Tip: You could probably leave the window open all night if you had a riverside room