“Overpriced”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Overpriced”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went there for a birthday meal. I ordered Fish & Chips. The fish was 2 small pieces, hardly any fish in them and over cooked. Like eating very hard crunchy looking batter. The salad garnish was dry and wilted, probably days old. This cost £10:45. Disgusting. On a positive note the service was good. Very friendly waitress called Jess. I will not be eating at Frankie & Benny's again.

• Visited April 2013

“Fits the bill of an inexpensive catch up with friends...”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

...But that's about as far as it goes.
The food isn't spectacular; was served up luke warm but was 'nice' all the same.
I would go again though as it's a no-fuss evening out with friends and the service was really good.
Only real gripe is the endless screeching of 'happy birthday' over the speakers which meant we couldn't hear ourselves think let alone speak to each other!
It's by no means haute cuisine, but fits the bill for a quick inexpensive catch up.

• Visited May 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great staff and lovely food”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have eaten in several Frankie and Benny's and this one did not disappoint. Food was hot and served in a timely manner. Good location and parking nearby.

• Visited April 2013
Spalding, United Kingdom
“overpriced”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

we have eaten in many frankie and bennie's, we had exactly the same meal in spaling lincs with a cost of £28.00 yet rochester charged £54.00 for exactly the same, would never go again

Visited March 2013
1 Thank jacquie m
“First Impressions Were Good!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch here, which was reasonably priced and very tasty. - I chose the Burger & Chips option withe the cheesy pepper sauce, which was well presented and most enjoyable. I also took advantage of the 'refillable' soft drink and I was offered a second refill without asking, so no problems there. - The staff were very welcoming and helpful from the time I arrived, the dining area atmosphere was good, even for a quiet lunchtime. - So with a good value lunch, why have I only rated it 'average' ? - I was sat near to the front of the restaurant and near to the servery. I began to notice the standard of cleanliness above the servery was poor. A further look around revealed some quite disturbing areas of greasy mess, particularly around the electrical connection to the upper right of the servery. - My rating is therefore based on the fact that the food and service were good, but I think it will be a while before I return, in the hope someone addresses the hygiene issue before i do!