“overpriced”

Frankie & Benny's - Rochester
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Strood
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Spalding, United Kingdom
“overpriced”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

we have eaten in many frankie and bennie's, we had exactly the same meal in spaling lincs with a cost of £28.00 yet rochester charged £54.00 for exactly the same, would never go again

Visited March 2013
1 Thank jacquie m

“First Impressions Were Good!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch here, which was reasonably priced and very tasty. - I chose the Burger & Chips option withe the cheesy pepper sauce, which was well presented and most enjoyable. I also took advantage of the 'refillable' soft drink and I was offered a second refill without asking, so no problems there. - The staff were very welcoming and helpful from the time I arrived, the dining area atmosphere was good, even for a quiet lunchtime. - So with a good value lunch, why have I only rated it 'average' ? - I was sat near to the front of the restaurant and near to the servery. I began to notice the standard of cleanliness above the servery was poor. A further look around revealed some quite disturbing areas of greasy mess, particularly around the electrical connection to the upper right of the servery. - My rating is therefore based on the fact that the food and service were good, but I think it will be a while before I return, in the hope someone addresses the hygiene issue before i do!

Strood, England, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went tonight for my wife birthday. We enjoyed the experience great food (hot and tasty main meal) desert brill.finished off with freshly ground coffee. service brill.

• Visited February 2013
Herts, England
“Always an OK choice, But I am NOT their 'mate'.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have eaten here a few times and I am sure I will do so again in future. It is clean and tidy, while the food is usually tasty and freshly cooked. A bit pricey but there you go.

The only gripe I have is that the waiters (almost all of the serving staff here are male) always call me 'mate' over and over again. Once or twice can be ignored. More than 20 times in an evening and it gets VERY annoying. Sooner or later I'll ask the manager to try and sort it out - I wonder what reaction I'll get.

• Visited January 2013
Kent, UK
“great meal, great service”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Myself, the wife and our 2 little girls (3 year olds) visited this Frankie & Benny's restaurant on Sunday 13th Jan 2013, and this was our first visit to this restaurant. We have been to frankie and benny restaurants before (bexleyheath, kent...was not impressed), so we knew the type of food they would offer on the menu. The restaurant is situated on the Medway Valley leisure park, and is next to the cinema (a Cineworld multiscreen cinema), which could be quite handy for a night out. We turned up at around 2pm thinking the lunchtime rush would be over, but i was suprised how busy the restaurant was, though we did not have to wait very long for a table, as everyone in the queue was seated as soon as they reached the front. The guy showing us to our table took time to say hello to our 2 little girls, and when we left he gave them each a balloon, which i thought was nice, and we found him very pleasant. We were sat in a booth, so we had enough room, and we were soon greeted by our waitress, who did not rush us into ordering, and took drink orders first of all. She also gave us a couple of recommendations from the menu, explaining what the dishes consisited of. We ordered our mains, i had calzone, my wife had a chicken salad dish, and we ordered one pasta meal for both of our little girls, which turned out to be enough for them. We also ordered a garlic bread, which was very thin and pizza like, but filled a plate. We all really enjoyed our food, with everyone finishing their meals, and myself and my wife decided to share a dessert, which we were once advised by our friendly waitress to try the waffles. We chose the waffles with berries....well worth trying...they were lovely cinnamon waffles, topped with strawberry ice cream and berry juice drizzled over. In all we had the 3 meals, the garlic bread, the pasta dish for the girls, a large red wine, and 3 soft drinks...oh and the lovely waffles and the meal came to £40 which i thought was reasonable. Toilets were clean and the overall appearance of the restaurant was great. Nice atmosphere to dine in...american/italian diner, not rushed and friendly staff, so we will be returning again ! We looked at some of the deals available and there are some pretty good ones available...£5 breakfast (plus another £1.75 for unlimited tea/coffee), £3.75 for children, and there are some pretty good lunchtime offers as well. I promised to take our little girls back there as they enjoyed it as well...plus daddy can have another go at thos waffles !!!

• Visited January 2013