“A stunning view and warm hospitality”

High Tide Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lower Economy
High Tide Bed and Breakfast
Toronto, Canada
“A stunning view and warm hospitality”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Our family of 4 adults stayed for a night at Hightide B & B when we were touring the Maritimes. I wished, after our wonderful experience that we could have stayed longer. We got there tired after an adventurous day, kayaking the Bay of Fundy and were happy to be welcomed into their lovely home. They have 2 bedrooms with queen beds; one ensuite and the other with a private bathroom. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. One with a breathtaking view of the Minas basin (Bay of Fundy). They have a large backyard where one could watch the birds, and the tides go in and out. We could also go down a flight of steps to walk the basin floor when the tide was out. The B&B is located on the highway in the small town of Lower Economy (about 3 hours from Lunenberg which was our stop for the next day). Janet suggested a place for dinner and we got there just in time for their last order. The beds were comfortable and we slept well that night. Breakfast at Hightide was plentiful with freshly baked biscuits (delicious), blueberry muffins, eggs, bacon, toast etc. Janet and Angus are a talented and warm couple and it was wonderful getting to know them. My two grown up daughters still talk about them often. Our next trip to the Maritimes will surely include a stop at Hightide to just relax, watch the beautiful view and reconnect with the hospitality that we enjoyed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Keron M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Salmon Arm, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2012

A warm welcome and a lovely room awaits visitors to High Tide. Janet had been so helpful when I had booked that I looked forward to our stay. We were not disappointed. Our room had a nice little porch looking over their property onto The Bay of Fundy. The room had a nice sized private bathroom and Janet put a cot in the room for our daughter. Many of Janet's photos of birds and landscapes from the area are hung throughout the house. Angus is a man of many talents including playing numerous instruments, including the violin, which he made. We enjoyed visiting with the hosts and they shared a wealth of information about the area. Janet's biscuits the next morning were the best we've ever tasted. When we left the next morning we felt we had made new friends. A highlight in our Maritimes holiday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank manning3
Cheltenham, PA
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The last time I visited Nova Scotia, I knew that I had to stay right on the Bay of Fundy shore, especially on my favorite part, the Minas Basin. High Tide kept its promise and fulfilled my dream! Janet and Angus are wonderful hosts who share their music (Angus) and hummingbirds (Janet) at the doorstep of the Minas Basin, which can be viewed from your bedroom (door leading outside and deck to sit and watch). Walk around their yard at high tide or scale the 52 steps to the bottom at low tide and walk until your heart's content! I would have walked until forever if not for the returning tides and the desire to get to Five Islands Park and the new Lighthouse Park just down the road (for even MORE breathtaking views). Take the time to sit outside on a clear night and gaze at the numerous and close constellations above. My husband enjoyed Janet's numerous hummingbirds while I enjoyed Angus' fiddling and their 5 year old grandson's dancing! If you are a fan of the Bay of Fundy, STAY HERE for a private date with the Minas Basin, the ever amazing tides and ocean floor. I will return again one day soon!

Room Tip: Choose the room with the Minas Basin view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank paulalois99
Nova Scotia
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I spent two lovely days in Economy, Nova Scotia. We were attending a wedding and wanted to make a weekend get away at the same time. We could not stay where the wedding events were as they were booked and accidentaly found High Tide Bed & Breakfast. What a great find. Angus and Janet are the hosts and they were very accommodating. Angus is a carpenter with a love of music and Janet is an accomplished photographer who captures the wonderful wildlife in her backyard. The the entire property inside and out were emaculate. Janet bakes wonderful biscuits to accompany breakfast. Yes, I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ScooterNovaScotia
Antigonish, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2011

It is a 2 room bed and breakfast located on the highway overlooking the Bay of Fundy. One of the bedrooms has an ensuite and private door leading outside. The other has it's own private bedroom with a view of the Bay from the window. My fiancee and I were down in Five Islands for the Not Since Moses run, so we wanted something fairly close to the race location. This place was perfect! It was a 5 minute drive away. The hosts were very helpful in locations of the area and local hiking trails. They even let us return to the room after the muddy race and clean up before continuing on our excursion! Our only regret was not bei able to enjoy the full breakfast that was included in our nights stay - too many butterflies prior to the race!

The only thing I would change, if I were the hosts, would be to make the 2nd private bathroom into an ensuite for more privacy.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Travel_Tara
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2011

What a beautiful location for a B&B. The backyard goes on for miles....it's the Minas Basin/Bay of Fundy. I wanted something close to Parrsboro. Somewhere that was easy driving distance to Cape D'or ,Advocate, Spencer's Island, Five Islands and Port Greville. And most of all I wanted to watch the worlds highest tides come in and go out. Janet and Angus, our wonderful hosts have the perfectly situated home to meet those needs. Nothing like biscuits and cream while being endlessly entertained by Hummingbirds to start the day. Thank you for adding such great memories to our trip. The Lambs

Room Tip: The Country Rose Room-Look out on Paradise
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
The Sunshine Inn
The Sunshine Inn
#1 of 1 in Parrsboro
Evangeline's Tower Bed and Breakfast

Been to High Tide Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!