“Very good shrimp and mahi mahi”
Review of Shrimp Shack

Shrimp Shack
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Punaluu
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Toronto, Canada
“Very good shrimp and mahi mahi”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I was on my way to giovinni and decided to try another seafood truck so i can compare it. Shrimp shack had fresher shrimp. I think this is a better choice if u like seafood food trucks.

1 Thank Musumekiller

• Korean first
“Genuinely disappointed !”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I am sad to write a negative review for a place I was looking forward to trying ever since I planned our vacation to Oahu but the reality is It Was Disapponting.
I saw them featured on unique eats and was craving their shrimp all the way over but when we got it the shrimp was not deveined therefore you are eating the feces of you little bottom feeding garlic coated shrimp! Yuk! And good luck cleaning it out yourself. The garlic was plentiful but undercooked therefore not the golden caramalized goodness shown on TV. I did try the mahi mahi and that was delicious.
But sad to say that I made their shrimp better at home following their own recipie! On the other hand We tried Giovanni's shrimp scampi and we just can't get enough of it...look for a graffiti covered truck in a sketchy picnic area in Old Town Haleiwa. Don't let the atmosphere there fool you...

• Visited September 2013
Alberta
“Saw an ad and decided to stop”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We decided we would stop here while on our way to the polynesian cultural center. My husband has a slight shrimp allergy & I'm not a seafood fan, but we stopped anyway. He had the catch of the day (which I also tried) and found it quite tasty. The chili Rice I had was good, but nothing spectacular. We did enjoy our ice cream floats. Service was fast and friendly. it closes early (5pm I believe), so don't plan for dinner.

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Place to Stop on the Way back from Koke'e”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My friend and I spent the morning up in Koke'e and were hungry when we came down from the park, so we stopped at the Shrimp Shack in Punaluu. We shared an order of their specialty, Coconut Shrimp, with fries and an order of onion rings. We received about a dozen very large shrimp, coated in Coconut and fried. They were delicious. The french fries and the onion rings were also good. Overall a good lunch spot.

• Visited August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Don't be fooled...”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

... this little yellow truck has AWESOME shrimp!! We stopped in on our way to the Polynesian Cultural Center for lunch after someone in Waikiki had suggested that we not miss it! Highly recommended are the fried coconut shrimp and the garlic shrimp. Also enjoy a delicious ice cream float while there - the pineapple is an excellent choice! This place has now set a benchmark for the standard in shrimp which I will be using from now on.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Shrimp Shack? Share your experiences!