All reviews north shore washer and dryer road noise the polynesian cultural center highly recommend this unit key fob clean unit private beach bbq area snorkel gear boogie boards honolulu area granite countertops king size bed night life lounge chairs full kitchen
Reviewed November 25, 2010

This Rewiev is related to unit 416 rented by DISCOUNT HAWAII CONDOS:
Our unit was just great, a corner unit with large corner lanaii, clean and big enough. Very fresh thanks to corner location. I can imagine that not-corner units may have problems with high temperature..
The condo is in realy quite part of island, exactly what we was looking for - a comfortable, very quite place for a stay to relax from bussy days of the everyday work. You are in real paradise, the beach is just steps away. However the parkin lot was full every evening, the beach and pool was empty most of the time, the condo is very quite and clean.
I can not say a bad word about the management of the place - clean, quite.
The price for staying out of the Honolulu is the fact that you need to spend quite a lot of time if you want to travel anywhere in the island becouse of low speed limits (most of places 35 mph) so you will need aprox 1 hour to get to HNL, Pearl or south part of the island. Keep this in mind. Anyway, however we need to travel more by car, we was very happy to take this place becouse this was a real Hawaii. We have stayed in Waikiki too, this is just comercial place, in Punaluu you will find a real Hawaii.
Weather:
Keep in mnd that this place is probably one of the most windy part of the island, futhermore, large mountains are just behind your doors.
During our stay 3-12 November, we had only two +/- sunny days, remaining days was cloudy and was raining quite a lot, and, it was very windy. We found HNL area much more sunny during this days.

In overal, I would recomend this place for people who are looking for a quite, real relaxing place. No frills, just relax. Enjoy

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We were so excited for our first trip to Hawaii only to have our excitement drain the minute we pulled in to the parking lot. We were told we would be able to get in to the condo early, only to be rudely told by the cleaning lady that we weren't allowed in until 4:00pm. Once we were able to get in to the "one bedroom" condo we saw that it really was a studio as the privacy screen was broken, so our friend slept on the day bed (without covers, as the blankets had womens hair on them, and we were unable to wash them as the unit was out of laundry soap...) and my husband and I slept 10 feet away... We weren't able to cook as the kitchen smelled badly of natural gas so we had to turn off the gas to the stove completely. We had to scour the dishes before use, because they were stored under the sink, which smelled horridly of mildew. The unit was photographed well, and well reviewed. Which is why we booked it, but it was actually so much smaller than presented, the paint was peeling, and the unit was extremely run down. We were truly in the middle of no where, which is what we wanted as we had planned to grocery shop and cook for ourselves. Once we discovered that wasn't possible it made meals very difficult as it was 30+ minutes to the nearest town, Haleiwa (amazing town btw). We will never recommend this place again. Ever.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank brienmarie
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I have to preface this by saying that this is not the typical "5 star lodging" as far as luxury or amenities go. This is five star based on proximity to ocean, quality of beach, location on the island, convenient beach access, spectacular views, and a real Hawaiian feel!

We stayed 9 nights (Paul Comeau Condos) and would definitely stay there again. We had the corner unit on the seventh floor. It had a wrap around lanai with great sun rise views over the water. I loved to get up early and sip my coffee there. I feel like we had the best spot in the complex and coincidentally the best parking spot

This complex is a bit dated and lacks curb appeal upon arrival, but that does not matter to me. It's all about the view and location. We drove around the island and I did not see any places that were as close to the water as this place.

Our unit had been remodeled and was clean. It had new tile throughout, stone counter tops, new appliances. It had everything you would need. We brought sushi back and sure enough there were soy sauce dishes.

The location is excellent. I prefer the windward side and north shore and Pat's is right there in the middle of it all. This place was close to a lot of the attractions: Polynesian Cultural Center, Japanese Temple, Haiku Gardens; Kualoa Ranch, Waimai Falls, secret island, China Man's Hat. So much to see but make sure to save time to relax around the condo!

We saw so many sea turtles in front of our condo! We loved to just relax and watch them bathe in the sun. I grilled out a lot. The BBQ area is not great but it's right next to the beach (location people!) This condo is right on the water and the beach is fantastic. This is not a surf spot but if that's your thing the North Shore is close. This is a great beach for kids and families. The waters is calm and the ocean is shallow. The water is clear and we took some of our best pictures on this beach. The pictures facing south are awesome because you have mountains and ocean in the backdrop. We were often the only people on the beach which was fine by me!

The only negative on this place is the manager; he's one of those guys who enjoys enforcing the rules too much. That's not Paul Comeau's fault so I do not factor that in to my review. I expect he will be gone by the next time I return as many people shared my sentiment.

I've read some negative on this place which surprised me. I guess if you like the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, this may not be an ideal location for you. If you love natural beaches, beautiful scenery, and culture, then look no further.

Make sure to check out a Saturday night mass at the cute little church next door. They greet you with a lei and the pastor was great.

I have lots of pictures taken at this property. Contact me if you want to see more.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TexicanDallasTX
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed in a 1 bedroom/1 bath cottage apartment at the far end of the property. The setting was very tropical with palm trees and a narrow white sandy beach directly in front of the apartment. The beach reminded us of the TV program "Lost", and we were often the only people on the beach! The apartment was clean and nicely furnished and although it was small, it had everything we needed including a washer/dryer, beach chairs, snorkeling gear, and an outdoor shower that we used all the time. One drawback might be that this place is out-of-the-way and there isn't much happening in the area and you have to drive a long way to get there, but the isolation is what made this place so special. We recommend buying groceries before you check in because there isn't a supermarket nearby, but there is a little store across the street. Although there was a gym and a pool on the property, we never used them because the beach was so nice. The resident manager was friendly and gave us tips on where to eat and go snorkeling in the area. This property is close to the North Shore, where you can see the famous surfing beaches, but the beach in front of the condo was much better in our opinion because it was safer for us to go swimming and snorkeling. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beachlover0312
Reviewed July 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for the first 4 nights of our 17 night honeymoon. It was probably the favorite part of our entire trip. The unit was an 8th floor corner unit, http://www.vrbo.com/134630. There is also a detailed review by me on the vrbo page. Every unit in this building is individually owned and rented out. So, not all units are created equal. The one that I stayed at was amazing…probably one of the nicest in the building. Fully remodeled, granite countertops, flat screen TV with HBO, Showtime, full kitchen. Snorkeling gear and other amenities. We paid about $130 a night…a steal!!!! We got there when it was dark outside and in the morning we woke up to the most amazing breathtaking view. Pictures alone do not do it justice. You really have to experience it to believe it. The beach is long and peaceful, so amazingly beautiful…it is not a resort area like waikiki, it is a residential area, so there often is no one else on the beach. Never crowded. You feel like you are in the middle of NOWHERE! So romantic. The building itself is dated and kind of run down looking, but it is OK. Once you are in the condo you forget what the outside of the buidling looks like. This is not a resort, or even a hotel. Many locals live in this building year round. If you are OK with that, then you will not be dissapointed. The view and tropical setting is just awesome. We stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village for 2 nights after our stay here, and everything at the condo was better—no joke! We had an ocean front Diamond Head view at HHV, and it did not beat the view at Pat’s at Punaluu. There is a grocery store about 10 minutes up the road…buy some food and cook some meals at the condo while looking at the ocean and the palm trees!!!! 15 minutes up the road Polynesian Cultural Center…20 minutes up the road Turtle Bay Resort…keep going and you hit the best spots on North Shore. South from Punaluu, you’ve got Kualoa Ranch, which is a must see. Honolulu is about 45-60 minutes away depending on traffic. The entire drive North and South on the Kamehameha highway is breathtaking. Ocean on one side, mountains on the other. No high rises blocking the view! This is true Hawaii. I literally feel bad for the people who go to Oahu and never leave Waikiki. They are missing so much. If you are a person who likes to travel and explore and wants to have all the comforts of home while on vacation (kitchen, laundry facilities, TV), this is the place for you. If you are a 5 star all inclusive resort type of person—the kind of person who never wants to leave the resort and explore a destination—this is not for you. But who goes to Hawaii to sit in a hotel? I'll never understand people who go to a destination to just sit at a resort. We would go back to this condo in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple