We stayed in unit PH 12 (VRBO # 134630) which is an 8th floor corner unit. The view was spectacular with sliding doors on both the front and side. The beach, while narrow, is peaceful, and uncrowded – some days just us! As previous reviewers of this unit have mentioned the unit was upgraded probably within the last several years. It appears well cared for. It is a one BR with a king bed and one bath.
Most of the reviews we read on this unit concentrated on all its good features. However there are a few issues you may want to be aware of.
• The bath is located off a small hall that leads to the BR. In this hall are a stackable washer /dryer and a one sink small vanity. The room housing the toilet and shower tub combination is VERY tight. The door to this room opens in, exacerbating the tightness. There are no holding rails in the shower/tub. The light switch for the hall vanity is the same for the light for this room which can be annoying if you need to use the room during the night. The exhaust fan runs 24/7.
• The owner has used three drawers in the BR and half the closet for “unit” related storage which reduces the amount of room a guest has available.
• There are ceiling fans in the living area and BR, which while very nice for providing air, are also not very friendly to a tall person!
• There is very limited place to hang wet towels or bathing suits. A few hooks are needed.
• The higher the floor the narrower the balcony, thus, the balcony is only about as wide as a walkway. There are a few straight back wooden chairs on it, as well as a very small table.
• The unit did have several beach chairs in good condition, a few coolers, 4 beach towels, a beach bag and some snorkeling equipment available for use. All beach umbrellas were broken beyond use when we arrived.
• The remote for the TV needs help! You could not arrow down channels and often it refused to acknowledge/accept you had entered a channel. Having to arrow up from channel 8 to 100 something, for example, was a pain.
• For the most part the unit was clean, while not spotless. Some of the linens were showing some age, including a beach towel with paint spots on it. The bed had dark colored patterned sheets -a lighter color would have provided more assurance they were clean and unstained, especially after finding a previous guest’s nightwear in a drawer!
We found the unit met our needs for the most part. It is a beach property that gets a lot of use.
- Also Known As:
- Pat`s At Punalu`u Hotel Oahu