All reviews north shore washer and dryer road noise the polynesian cultural center highly recommend this unit key fob clean unit private beach bbq area snorkel gear boogie boards honolulu area granite countertops king size bed night life lounge chairs full kitchen
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Enjoyed our stay in condo #605. We loved that it was so QUIET at this complex. Relaxation and quiet is my idea of Hawaii, not Waikiki...so this was great for me. Very clean unit, perfect oceanfront location. Beach was lovely, though small. Downfall: road noise from the bedroom (alcove).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kateroo86
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed in #409 (owned and managed by Kaye and Brian, who live 4 miles away) from 12/30/13 - 01/05/14. We arrived late and tired but Kaye's instructions were good and we got into the room - and then basked in the gentle sound of the surf a hundred feet in front of us. It's a 1bd/1bth but there are two separate bathroom sink areas so it feels roomy. It's a much nicer unit than most in terms of its configuration, light, and large lanai. Bathroom has a tub. Bedroom has a door (it's not just an alcove pretending to be a bedroom). The room was very clean and Kaye and Brian provide lots of small, nice touches to make their renters feel comfortable. Smallish flat panel TV, Internet/wi-fi included (a little slow sometimes), DVD player, two-sided lanai (very roomy), parking space included. There's an exercise room and a pool - pool not heated. The place is quiet-ish and everything in the vicinity moves at a relaxing pace. Sure, Pat's at Punaluu is a bit tired-looking but c'mon, this is the county and if you want Waikiki glitz, you know where YOU can go. I'll probably return - and if I do I'll be sure to stay in Unit 409.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank BossMartian
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I rated this place average based on the facility itself not the condo unit we stayed in. Unit 314 was outstanding, modern feel, newer remodel, nice sized lanai, comfortable bed, the bathroom was a little small but that's not a big deal. For the price, this was an outstanding bargain for a place with a great view right on the beach.

The reasons for the average rating (and there's nothing wrong with average) The facility itself is showing a lot of age, there were some reviews of a smell in the parking lot and traffic noise. Well, depending on the day, yes there was an odor from their septic system. Did I it ruin our trip...absolutely not. I can see some people overreacting to it though. It was faint and we never smelled it in the room.

The traffic noise wasn't much of a bother either. You'd hear the occasional siren, but you'll hear that pretty much anywhere on an island.

The grounds were clean, the pool was basic. There's a sliver of beach you can lay on that's not very busy.

Keep in mind this isn't a resort. All the condo units are privately owned and a lot of people live here full time. Every condo unit will vary in quality so shop around. Like I said 314 was outstanding.

Overall Its a nice quiet location to stay at, at a great price. If you expect resort like amenities you'll be disappointed.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Stevo428
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I would recommend staying at a unit owned by HeidiHawaii. She personally owns, manages and cleans her condos. My unit was on the second floor and looked out at the beautiful ocean. Great for the drive to BYUH which is where I mostly went to get my son all set for school. The elevators seem new, and very safe, with a security swipe needed to go up and down. Security 24 hours in the parking lot, and very friendly. My unit, as almost all others here at Pats, have no a/c, so be aware. It does get hot and the "trade winds" did not really do much in the condo to cool me off. Luckily there are ceiling fans and other fans. I was there for the first week of September, so it was in the upper 80's daily. Heidi really has the place stocked. She provides soaps, laundry detergent, all beach gear needed: chairs, umbrella, coolers, beach towels, toys, masks and snorkels, reef shoes. It was really nice. I never smelled "the smell" I've seen mentioned. The trash dumpster is near the elevators, but big deal. It's trash. And the condo building is fine. It's freshly painted and kept up. I don't know what people are saying about the exterior... I mean, are they planning to lick the walls? Go with Pats, and go with a condo by HeidiHawaii. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Momof7MD
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We have just returned from staying in apt 503 at Pat's at Punalu'u.
I must admit after reading some of the reviews left, we wondered if we had done the right thing!
Our fears were foundless. Cheryl's apt was spotlessly clean, very well equipped, and had everything that you would need, and more! The view from the lanei is amazing, most mornings we watched the sun come up about 6.am. and got some fantastic photos!
Other people had gone on about the smell in the parking lot- but I can honestly say we didn't smell anything at all! The noise in the bedroom is a problem, but I had the foresight to buy some ear plugs, and it didn't bother us at all, and after 4 days we didn't even need the ear plugs, as your body adjusts, and you don't notice the noise the same. The security is especially good, which makes you feel a lot safer, and Chris the handyman was so helpful!
The majority of tenants, be it holiday or long term rentals were very pleasant, and nodded or smiled at you!
All in All great value for the money, and Cheryl very kindly let us stay in apt till 2 p.m. because our flight back to Manchester UK was not till 9 p.m. which meant we could have a shower before our 19 hours of flying- so that helped an awful lot!
If you want somewhere as a base, with wonderful views, a gorgeous beach, and to feel safe- this is the place to go! Excellent !!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple