All reviews north shore washer and dryer road noise the polynesian cultural center highly recommend this unit key fob clean unit private beach bbq area snorkel gear boogie boards honolulu area granite countertops king size bed night life lounge chairs full kitchen
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed in unit 605. the place was as advertised. I saw plenty of pictures and knew what I was getting. they call it a 1 bedroom, but it is really a bed tucked into an alcove. We were not looking for luxury we were looking for something to get us on the north shore away from the commercialism of Honlulu and Wakiki. It was clean, the unit was well appropriated, had a wonderful view of the ocean, right on the beach. It was myself and my son, I slept in the bed and although it was a bit warm, it had a ceiling fan and was quite comfortable without covers. My son slept on the pull out couch and said it was comfortable (did not look it to me but he like it).

We cooked breakfast in and packed lunch for most days. thanks to the owners (each unit is separately owned) they had a cooler and automatic ice maker so we could easily take everything with us. Saved a bunch on food.

We only spent a little time on the beach at the unit. We wanted to go snorkling where we knew there were fish. My son did hours of research and I used Oahu revealed that helped out a lot to know where to go.

We had the best vacation and would definitely visit again.

My advise to all who have posted negatives, and who are looking at this location, do your research, get pictures so you know what you are getting.

Also, there was no smell and nothing going on that ruined anything about our vacation.

Room Tip: Do your homework. These are condo units owned by different families. I got what I expected and was very pleased. You can't find anything for the price of this quality near Wakiki. Also note, the majority of rentals on any Hawaiian island do not have any AIR CONDITIONING so don't expect it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in unit 214 and really couldn't have been happier with our stay at Pat's. Our condo had a wonderful view of the ocean and our patio was deep enough to enjoy it without being blown away by the evening breeze. The kitchen was well-equipped and there was plenty of room for everyone to help with dinner after a busy day of sight-seeing. The drive didn't really bother us as this stretch of highway is super gorgeous!! We're a family of four and felt comfortable with the amount of space and amenities provided. My kids loved the pool, the beach out front of our building was very nice (we nearly had it to ourselves!), and Lisa made herself very available if we should need her. Also loved knowing that there was a friendly security guard patroling the premises at night. Would highly recommend staying here to families with kids and for those of us who just can't stomach staying in the city or in a big resort!

Room Tip: Hint: Unit 214 is directly above the pool. Great if you want to keep an eye on your own kids who are spending time there, but not so great if you mind hearing other people's kids squeals as they play! The pool's hours are limited - 10am-8pm - and are strictly enforced.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just got back from eight nights at Pat's at Punaluu. We stayed in unit #312, a one bedroom, ocean front unit. We were a family of four and enjoyed our stay very much. Great beach, nice little pool, good quiet location. 45-50 min to Honolulu off peak times. 20-25 min to Waimea or Sunset, beginners surfing at Chuns reef and wonderful snorkeling at sharks cove are less than 20 min drive. Unit owner is attentive and accessible. Mahalo for a great vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Oyam123
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at this corner unit condo for almost two weeks and were very pleased. First off, the view was AMAZING, ocean and palm trees in front, mountain views to the right. Wonderful grounds in front of ocean and not very crowed. Yes, the complex is older and it is not a full service hotel. If you are looking for the hustle and bustle of honolulu then don't stay here. If you want a quite relaxing stay this is the place. The unit had everything we needed and we were very pleased. We did a lot of sightseeing and did not mind the drive into Honolulu or up to the North Shore as no matter where you drive to you enjoy the views. After a busy day of sightseeing it was like returning to paradise. Lisa and Beverly, Thank you for an amazing stay! Oh Yeah, yes the front road noise in the morning was a little loud and there is no air conditioning(NOT NEEDED) the ocean breeze was more that comfortable. We will come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terri B
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We heard about Pat's from friends and fell in love. I saw it popping up on vrbo but until I heard first person I was looking for a guest house near a nice beach. I wanted to leave the crowds in Waikiki. The condo we chose at pats was on the end with a wrap around balcony so we could see far and wide! What a view. Nice quiet beach. We had fun snorkeling and swimming right on front of the condo. Our unit was on the 4th of 8 I believe and was beautifully decorated and had every thing we needed to make wonderful meals with all the local fresh fruit and greens. Plus the shrimp wagons we abundant and a great choice for outdoor dining
. Pats is not a 5 star resort but a great place to hang a week and enjoy all oahu has to offer
Just don't tell everyone!

• Stayed: June 2013