All reviewsnorth shorewasher and dryerroad noisethe polynesian cultural centerhighly recommend this unitkey fobclean unitprivate beachbbq areasnorkel gearboogie boardshonolulu areagranite countertopsking size bednight lifelounge chairsfull kitchen
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed in 111 for a week. The only noise we heard much was the elevator, a slight smell in the parking lot, but we live near farms so the smell was not that bad. Chris the owner bent over backwards to help us with a fun vacation. It rained almost everyday, 8 inches in the week we were there. Chris felt bad that we had so much rain that she offered to let us stay a couple of extra days. Unfortunely we had a job to return to. The condo we stayed in was recently remodeled, very nice the bedroom is large enough for a king size bed and they bed in the living room is a queen. Snorkeling equipment and kick boards were provided for our use, did use them in the rain and once in the sun. I would recomend this place for my friends and anyone that would like to avoid the crowds, very laid back and no crowds. Thanks Chris and Al for your hospitality. Kurt and Lisa from Idaho

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We just came back from our 3 stay in one of Kathy's condos. And it was once again a fantastic experience. The condos are super clean, have nice furnishing and have everything you need for a great beach getaway. Kathy and her manager Kathe are great to deal with, they back over backwards to make sure their guests have good experience. The beach is just steps away, North Shore is a enjoyable 20 minutes drive, away from all the hustle and bustle of Waikikki.

Sure the building is old, but don't be fooled, it is very well kept up and Kathy's condos show pride of ownership. I see not so favorable reviews on here, but it really depends on the owner. Kathy puts only the best in her condos, and takes care of her customer with the utmost diligence.

Grocery stores are nearby, the beach is steps away, no crowds, off the beaten past, real Hawaiian experience. I would recommend discounthawaiicondos.com to anyone. All around fantastic experience. Can't wait to go back.

Marina G

Room Tip: All of Kathy's condos are fantastic.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed in unit #102 in Feb. 2012, it's a really nice place! We were on the ground floor, from the backdoor it's a straight shot to their perfect beach...
I read some reviews before renting and they worried me, but this place was perfect. Clean kitchen, comfortable bed, plenty of things to use like beach chairs and snorkels that we hadn't brought with us... I know some of the other reviews are worse, I guess it's because the apartments are all separately owned and some must not be taken care of. Well #102 was really nice and the whole property seems well taken care of.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cooper w
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We just spent 1 week on the 4th floor. We booked through www.myhawaiibeachfront.com and our unit was clean and comfortable. No evidence of any disgusting, creepy-crawlies. I was really worried when I read some of these disparaging reviews. It is a family place, so there is that kind of noise and commotion. The beach is great with decent winter snorkeling (fish and turtles). It is one of only a few very large, multi-storied buildings in the area, so it sticks out in a not too subtle way. There is an over-abundance of security lighting (something that we found to be disturbing since we live in a quiet rural 2 acres). The beaches to the north and south are really nice and not very crowded. It is far from Honolulu, but the road still gets plenty of traffic. We loved the sunrises from our lanai, snorkeling, and evening walks on the beach.
There IS an unpleasant odor in the back parking area. I'm sure it has something to do with sewer/septic, but really it is not at all noticeable once you leave the parking lot.

Room Tip: Given the varied reviews, be sure to book with a reputable agent. If you are not on the ground floor, you have to deal with the elevator FOB (which you need to get up and down) an that is tough if you have several folks wanting to do their own thing.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lizardl3gs
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed at a corner penthouse for our honeymoon & we loved it! Nice to get away from the hustle bustle of Waikiki & Honolulu

• Stayed: December 2011