All reviewsnorth shorewasher and dryerroad noisethe polynesian cultural centerhighly recommend this unitkey fobclean unitprivate beachbbq areasnorkel gearboogie boardshonolulu areagranite countertopsking size bednight lifelounge chairsfull kitchen
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed in unit #102 in Feb. 2012, it's a really nice place! We were on the ground floor, from the backdoor it's a straight shot to their perfect beach...
I read some reviews before renting and they worried me, but this place was perfect. Clean kitchen, comfortable bed, plenty of things to use like beach chairs and snorkels that we hadn't brought with us... I know some of the other reviews are worse, I guess it's because the apartments are all separately owned and some must not be taken care of. Well #102 was really nice and the whole property seems well taken care of.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cooper w
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We just spent 1 week on the 4th floor. We booked through www.myhawaiibeachfront.com and our unit was clean and comfortable. No evidence of any disgusting, creepy-crawlies. I was really worried when I read some of these disparaging reviews. It is a family place, so there is that kind of noise and commotion. The beach is great with decent winter snorkeling (fish and turtles). It is one of only a few very large, multi-storied buildings in the area, so it sticks out in a not too subtle way. There is an over-abundance of security lighting (something that we found to be disturbing since we live in a quiet rural 2 acres). The beaches to the north and south are really nice and not very crowded. It is far from Honolulu, but the road still gets plenty of traffic. We loved the sunrises from our lanai, snorkeling, and evening walks on the beach.
There IS an unpleasant odor in the back parking area. I'm sure it has something to do with sewer/septic, but really it is not at all noticeable once you leave the parking lot.

Room Tip: Given the varied reviews, be sure to book with a reputable agent. If you are not on the ground floor, you have to deal with the elevator FOB (which you need to get up and down) an that is tough if you have several folks wanting to do their own thing.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lizardl3gs
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed at a corner penthouse for our honeymoon & we loved it! Nice to get away from the hustle bustle of Waikiki & Honolulu

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Heather4stars
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed with a friend who was renting a room for a month. I have never seen so many roaches crawling on the walls, floors, and ceiling. The room was dirty and not maintained well. Some lights did not work. The bathroom was very small.

They have a small pool on the property and it was surprisingly clean. The beach is literally 20 feet away though, so I never saw anyone ever use it. The only good thing I can say about this place is about the proximity to the beach and the beautiful view (if you are on the ocean side of the building). If you happen to be on the mountain side of the building, you are basically looking down at the parking lot, street, and mountains in the background.

If you come this far, I'm sure you are looking for nature and good views. I would suggest getting the ocean side of the building. Better yet, travel 20 more minutes and stay at Turtle Bay.

Room Tip: Get the ocean side if anything. I'd rather go to Turtle Bay though.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank xbreadboyx
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this dump for a week. Mold and rust all over everything!
Beds were 100 yrs old, springs coming up through the mattress. After the first night, my husband became very sick. Then the torrential rains came, and the roads washed out! We were trapped there for the next four days....... it was awful. The moldy smell make me sick. And breathing became a problem. It is located on the "rainy" side of the island. Rained everyday we were there, and we were stuck and couldn't escape. It was like a nightmare.
There aren't any stores nearby, so plan on a long drive to buy groceries, and plan on it taking you a very long time. The roads in the area are constantly under construction.
The manager showed us several other units where we could transfer..... they were ALL the same. Mold, bad mattresses, linens that stunk. We now only go to Waikiki, or Maui on our vacations.

Room Tip: DON"T STAY THERE! Building should be condemned.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple