“Beautiful and serine. Happy to again!”
Review of Drybeck Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Armathwaite
Drybeck Farm
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Me and boyfriend recently went to stay at drybeck farm in the croglin yurt, and were pleasantly surprised.
Upon arrival Steve gave us a guided tour and made us feel very welcome.
The setting of the surrounding area is beautiful with views out over the river you can quite happily sit and watch the world go by.
The room was stunning and we slept very well. I would recommend taking some books and board games on an evening.
The cooking facilities were brilliant and so were the showers. Warning if you're a little squeamish then maybe the composting toilets aren't for you. However if you've been to festivals they're heavenly in comparison.
Overall we both had a fab time and are eager to recommend it to family and friends. And cannot wait to book out next trip.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Drybeck Farm

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I visited Drybeck farm with my sister and friends for a weekend break. Having never been glamping before, I was overwhelmed by the cosy yurts, homely kitchen area and stunning scenery. The hot tub was opulent and attention to detail breath taking.

Steve and Paula the hosts couldn't have been more warm and welcoming, and were happy to help in anyway they could to make our stay the best it could be.

Delicious home grown food including organic farm reared meat is available to buy for your dinner. Some of the farm workers also treated my friends to a woodwork lesson. (I was too lazy, enjoying the surroundings with a cuppa instead.)

However, the most impressive thing at Drybeck farm is the ethos of the place and their commitment to preserving our environment. They deliver all of the above with complete respect to the beautiful environment that hosts you there.

Planning to go back already.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have just returned having spent a few days at Drybeck Farm with my husband and the place is an absolute joy. We stayed in a beautifully decorated, luxurious yurt which had a great woodburning stove which made it increadibly cosy, and a really comfortable bed. The kitchen/dining facilities are amazing, and, along with the yurt are situated right next to the beautiful and tranquil river Eden. The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble and the quality of the meat which they produce on the farm is outstanding - you'll never find anything of that standard in any supermarket!. In the evening we treated ourselves to a bottle of wine in the hot tub, which (and I have to disagree with the previous review) was worth every penny. We will definately be going back to Drybeck, probably in the autumn as the trees along the river will be amazing. Thank you for one of the best & most beautiful places we've ever been to. Mrs K Rimmer, Wigan

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After reading such positive reviews on here, I thought I'd give Drybeck a go. I'm not really into camping, but thought glamping may be more of my thing. Not entirely sure what I was expecting, but the stay didn't quite meet up to the excellent reviews I had read. There is a lot to comment on, so I will split into positives and negatives of our 2 night stay.

Positives:
The staff were very friendly and welcoming, which actually made the stay a lot better. We mainly saw John who said to find him if we needed him. I was with my husband, and he let us wander round and said we could feed the animals if we want, and he even let my husband ride on the tractor.
The location was lovely with the river flowing along the bottom of the site. John recommended a walk, which I would also recommend - along the road outside the farm and along the river.
The bed was very warm, with a nice thick duvet and blankets.

Negatives:
The woodburner in the yurt that we stayed in didn't appear to be working properly and the fire kept going out - we found out by the second evening that if you left the door of the burner open it seemed to work better, but did fill the yurt with smoke.
It was freezing - especially without the woodburner.
Couldn't have a shower or wash hands on the first morning as the pipes were frozen.
The bed wasn't too comfortable - not sure if the dents in the matress were there on purpose or because it was old.
The 'hot tub' cost £30 extra to use.
There was no form of entertainment - I didn't expect a lot but maybe some books or games.
The thing that my husband and I both felt that overall it was quite expensive for what it was - though looking at other glamping sites it seems average (glamping must just be more expensive than I realised)

Although there seem to be a lot of negatives, we did have a good time, I think we were just a bit unlucky and perhaps I expected too much.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here the first week of opening at the beginning of March. It was amazing, exceeded our expectations, and everyone was really friendly. We stayed for two nights in the caravan. It was very cosy, the woodburner kept us warm all night no problem. Idyllic surroundings, extremely peaceful. We were lucky to have amazing weather all weekend (clear skies but very cold) and sat out next to the river in the evening listening to all the wildlife. Breakfast hamper was great, best sausages ever tasted and loved the little kitchen. Already recommended to others and hope to go ourselves again. Armathwaite was very pretty, recommend a walk along the river and a meal at the Fox & Pheasant. DEFINITELY GO!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank finebyus
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My partner and I stayed here at the end of September, having been to Cumbria many times I decided to try something different for his birthday surprise! And WOW we were not disappointed! We spent 2 nights in the gypsy caravan, such a beautiful location! Everything about drybeck was fantastic from the lovely welcome we received on our arrival, to the breakfast goodies we received the following day even the rain didn't dampen our spirits!! Truly amazing place and we will defiantly be back!!! Hoping to try a yurt next time!!!!

Truly wonderful :-) x

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Redchurc
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My friends and I stayed for one night in the grand Yurt and cannot fault the experience- we had a great adventure and so much fun! Our hosts were perfect, giving us a tour before hand and providing a really tasty breakfast the next morning!

Everything you could possibly want/need is provided for and even the compost toilets were ok once you got used to them!

I will be coming back without a doubt and be telling everybody about my Yurting experience!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armathwaite
North Lakes Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Ireby
Embleton Spa Hotel
Embleton Spa Hotel
#1 of 1 in Embleton

Been to Drybeck Farm? Share your experiences!