“Genuinely friendly and top quality”
Review of Old Manor Farm

Old Manor Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Bourton
Old Manor Farm
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Genuinely friendly and top quality”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

If you want a genuinely friendly farm welcome in great surroundings and a really well appointed room, look no further. Immaculately tidy, beautifully presented and nothing too much trouble, it's difficult to find enough platitudes to convey just how nice Old Manor Farm is. There are plenty run of the mill establishments, this isn't one of them; it's someone's home and you are made to feel part of the family, not a paying guest. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night as we were attending a wedding in a nearby church and venue. We were made to feel right at home straight away and had a very good nights sleep. Then next morning we were treated to a cracking traditional full English breakfast (and an amazing shower) to start our day off which shock off any headache we may of had from the wedding the night before.

Would recommend Old Manor Farm B&B to anybody looking for a quiet nights sleep in a lovely setting. Add in a great breakfast and the friendliness of the owners and you’re onto a winner.

Thanks again for the great nights sleep :-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband, myself and teenage son stayed here recently for a few days. The bedrooms are lovely, cosy, decorated to a high standard, smashing showers in both rooms, tea and coffee, fab views etc. As we had to be up and out early nothing was too much trouble regarding breakfast which was lovely - really set us up for the day. It was so nice to know that we had a really comfy place to come back to at the end of the day. The recommended places to eat with lots of extra touches which really made the weekend. Would definitely recommend to anyone else and would stay here again. Thank you!

Room Tip: Both rooms fab.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
essex
Reviewed June 14, 2012

After spending a night in Band B at Old Manor Farm Little Bourton Banbury Oxfordshire we was up from Essex for a family function nearby we would like to say how lovely our stay was and the hosts were excellent and as this is a working farm it will certainly be a place we will revisit to bring the children to and as the couple who run this have a little baby girl it will be lovely to see how she has grown please keep up the good work Best Wishes Emma and Peter

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Wonderful welcome with cake and a cup of tea, beautiful setting and very convenient for exploring local attractions. Fabulous breakfast which set us up for the whole day; all fresh produce which was extremely tasty. Charming room with smart bathroom - slept like a baby! Will definitely re-visit and have recommended to friends who have been and were very satisfied. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ed P
Plymouth
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Over the last two years i have stayed at the Old Manor Farm a lot of times staying in the main house and the outside room. both the main house and the outside room are decorated to a very high standard and the owners are very pleasant and very helpful.I stay in Hotels alot and i do enjoy staying here. I have seen other reviews of the Old Manor Farm and that is why i choosen to stay here. Breakfast can be a full english or a nice big bowl of porridge really nice. If you have to stay in Banbury give them a ring its better than the big hotels more relaxed and homely.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Mark P
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My girlfriend and I booked to stay at the Old Manor Farm having researched at great length for a nice, good quality b and b in the Banbury area and eventually found the Old Manor Farm. Unfortunately on arriving we were led to a tired old stable block that in no way represented the website and was more suitable for an ageing horse than 2 thirty something’s away for a birthday weekend.

Once past the single pane glass front door that looked like it would collapse after a gust of wind, inside was decorated to a good standard and the bathroom was finished well. The mattress on the bed on the other hand appeared older than the stable and had probably seen far more action. 'Support' wasn't a key function of the mattress as it had clearly given up all hope of providing a good night sleep many years ago and just collapsed to the width of a wafer once you laid on it. With the addition of the pockets of the mattress digging into your back, we both probably had the worst night sleep of our lives.

The place is a great shame as the owners have obviously taken great care decorating the bathroom, living areas and the dining area of the main property, but forgotten that a key point of staying at a b and b is to have a good nights sleep and that first impressions count. If this was rectified and the stable was decorated at least to a reasonable standard, potential visitors were made aware they maybe sleeping in a stable block and the mattress was replaced, I’m sure this review would have been different, as the breakfast was very tasty with perhaps the best bacon I’d ever had.

I've stayed in many hotels and b and b's both more expensive and cheaper that the Old Manor Farm and I’ve never experienced this problem before. For £70 a night, I expect to stay somewhere nicer than a tired looking stable and on a mattress that you can't sleep on. I'm a kayaker and mountain biker and I’ve travelled around the UK staying at YHAs and bunkhouses sometimes at a nightly rate of £7 and I’ve never experienced such an uncomfortable bed. I'm sure as it is a stable, a straw bed would have been far more comfortable. Another disappointing fact was that when I emailed the owners voicing my concerns I received no reply. This lack of response seems to sum up their lack of interest and explains why they are allowing people pay to stay in an old, tired stable block, with a mattress that’s probably as old as the farm.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Cropredy
Ashlea Guest House
Ashlea Guest House
#3 of 37 in Banbury

Been to Old Manor Farm? Share your experiences!