“£70 for a stable block..!!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Manor Farm

Old Manor Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Bourton
Old Manor Farm
London, United Kingdom
“£70 for a stable block..!!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

My girlfriend and I booked to stay at the Old Manor Farm having researched at great length for a nice, good quality b and b in the Banbury area and eventually found the Old Manor Farm. Unfortunately on arriving we were led to a tired old stable block that in no way represented the website and was more suitable for an ageing horse than 2 thirty something’s away for a birthday weekend.

Once past the single pane glass front door that looked like it would collapse after a gust of wind, inside was decorated to a good standard and the bathroom was finished well. The mattress on the bed on the other hand appeared older than the stable and had probably seen far more action. 'Support' wasn't a key function of the mattress as it had clearly given up all hope of providing a good night sleep many years ago and just collapsed to the width of a wafer once you laid on it. With the addition of the pockets of the mattress digging into your back, we both probably had the worst night sleep of our lives.

The place is a great shame as the owners have obviously taken great care decorating the bathroom, living areas and the dining area of the main property, but forgotten that a key point of staying at a b and b is to have a good nights sleep and that first impressions count. If this was rectified and the stable was decorated at least to a reasonable standard, potential visitors were made aware they maybe sleeping in a stable block and the mattress was replaced, I’m sure this review would have been different, as the breakfast was very tasty with perhaps the best bacon I’d ever had.

I've stayed in many hotels and b and b's both more expensive and cheaper that the Old Manor Farm and I’ve never experienced this problem before. For £70 a night, I expect to stay somewhere nicer than a tired looking stable and on a mattress that you can't sleep on. I'm a kayaker and mountain biker and I’ve travelled around the UK staying at YHAs and bunkhouses sometimes at a nightly rate of £7 and I’ve never experienced such an uncomfortable bed. I'm sure as it is a stable, a straw bed would have been far more comfortable. Another disappointing fact was that when I emailed the owners voicing my concerns I received no reply. This lack of response seems to sum up their lack of interest and explains why they are allowing people pay to stay in an old, tired stable block, with a mattress that’s probably as old as the farm.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

#1 of 39 in Banbury
The Brasenose Arms
The Brasenose Arms
#1 of 1 in Cropredy

Been to Old Manor Farm? Share your experiences!