“Good pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Rock Inn

The Rock Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Georgeham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Good pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay in Croyde. Staff were friendly, service was good and the food was 'very good' pub food. Would recommend booking, as this pub was really busy. Would visit again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ok food, noisy atmosphere, but don't expect to get what you order”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Visited on 25th - very busy and they obviously try to squeeze in as many as possible so restaurant very overcrowded and at times too noisy for normal conversation. Waiting staff were pleasant. Some meals were off as sold out, which is understandable when they are so busy, but what is not understandable nor acceptable is when meals as served not as described on the menu. Thai fish curry with John Dory already covered by another diner as not as described, coffee and hand made truffles is a joke – did they run out of truffles and not say, or do they think that half an apple, a third of a brownie and one small profiterole are truffles? Finally, the vanilla cheesecake was great, but the ‘and raspberries’ was only half a strawberry.
When these issues were pointed out the answer was ‘ oh they must have run out’ not good enough for pub food at this price.

Birmingham
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Despite having to book a few days in advance (due to the high number of reservations they had), it was well worth it.

We were given a table for 6 in an impressive room with plenty of nice decor and great service.

Would highly recommend for couples and families. Just make sure you book in advance.

Visited August 2013
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Great, friendly service and lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We arrived on a really busy night, but it was clear that the staff were working hard to get everyone served. Initially we were told that all the tables were fully booked, so we decided just to have a drink, but then were told that they could fit us in. We had a superb meal, service was great, although it is a little pricey I felt that the quality of the food made this worthwhile. All the staff were very well-trained and helpful, and the bar manager / landlord, whilst being very friendly and chatty, also gave the impression of really being "in control" of it all.

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Unfortunately, I was incredibly disappointed with my meal here. I am a local and I have been before and it was nice enough. This time however, I was completely disappointed with my meal. I had John dory, thai green curry with kind prawns. 3 large, battered deep fried (not described as battered on menu) no rice. The prawns did not need to be deep fried. There was hardly any fish. And there was hardly any sauce and what was there was not seasoned and was tasteless. For £19 i think it was completely overpriced. When I politely made a complaint they offered me a free desert but I asked if I could have the price of a desert taken off the bill as I didnt want a desert however they refused anything else. I ended up with the lemon posset which was just thick lemon flavored cream. My mum had coffee with "truffles" which were not truffles at all. One strawberry, one marshmellow, a tiny brownie and a tiny profiterole. This is a nice idea but they aren't truffles. I am a person who likes to know what I'm ordering instead of "surprises". The waitress was polite and I did not blame her. The surroundings are beautiful but I will never go again. I will definitely prefer the King's Arms.

1 Thank JulesyN87