“Thank you”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Old House Inn

The Old House Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Copthorne
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Offering country pub dining in a secluded setting, The Old House Inn serves classic British cuisine in a beautiful decor. Championing the finest local, natural produce, The Old House menu offers pub classics, as well as some creative and seasonal recipes and a bar stocked with fine wines and cask ales. Children are always welcome at The Old House Inn and we even have a kids play area in our garden. The Old House has received a Dinner award and 4 Stars Silver for its accommodation by the AA and is part of 'Pub group of the year 2016' by the Good Pub Guide.
Horley, United Kingdom
“Thank you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Just wanted to say thank you to Mark and the team, when we visited for our 10 year anniversary with friends as a group of 10.

The place was full, and I know you had a couple of large groups in also, and were a little short staff, (this always concerns me!) but you all delivered exceptionally well, your waitresses and barman on the night were very busy, but always remained calm and controlled and cheerful.

Sorry about sending some of the burgers back, but I think guests would have presumed the burgers would have been fully cooked, or my request for one of them served rare, was misinterpreted by the kitchen! Any way all was still great.

Keep up the good work, look forward to visiting again.

• Visited October 2013

Oxted, United Kingdom
“Drove by, took a chance and really enjoyed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Had a very enjoyable lunch here with very attentive service. As we have lived in France for many years it was good to find somewhere serving a lunchtime set menu.This is the norm in France but not here we find. My burger was delicious and well presented as was my husbands fish and chips. We both had deserts which again were well presented and tasty. We also both commented on the toilet facilities which someone had made an effort with. Clean and good hand wash and hand cream. The staff are really trying hard here and we will definitely go back. Our only quibble would be the wine prices which did seem rather high.

Visited November 2013
horley
“Excellent service and polite staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I dined at the old house restaurant on Friday the 8th of November with my partner, and was shocked by the behaviour of the nearby table of around 20 guest who were there for a birthday. I come here about once or twice a month and on Friday, as every other evening I eat here, the food was of the best quality and the service perfect. The food at the old house is exceptional, with the most fantastic local game available at this time of the year, nowhere else nearby offers fresh meat like this and for a game eater it is truly magic. If not a fan, like my partner, the menu is still extensive. And have yet to fault it.
On the 8th of November we were joined in the restaurant by a table of around 20 people for a birthday. I watched in amazement as the manager and waitress moved tables and chairs around to accommodate them as they had arrived with many more guests than they had booked for. I was shocked to hear one of the party threatening the waiter with a bad review on trip advisor despite the best efforts to seat everyone as it was obviously this guy’s birthday.
I feel it is necessary to speak out against reviews that quite frankly beggar belief.

• Visited November 2013
Lingfield, United Kingdom
“What a shame ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We went here because of the old reputation. It is now been taken over and it was disgusting we had a sandwich. I have never experienced such a bad sandwich it was SOAKED in oil and left a bad taste in my mouth. The service was unbelievably slow and very very poor. I most certainly will not be going here for a long time. A huge disappointment. :-(

2 Thank Rachel G
West Sussex
“Poor service and rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I agree with the other comments left before my visit. My visit was a birthday and although the food was great the service was terrible. It appeared that there was not enough staff on to deal with the bookings they had, we had to wait a long time for our food and when it did arrive it arrived at different stages so not everyone was able to eat at the same time. Waitress kept asking what did you order, although most of the guests had pre ordered. Manager did not seem interested in our compliant and wanted to argue with us rather than deal with the issues. would not recommend for more than 6 people as they cannot cope with it. Very poor management and they had the nerve to add 10% service charge, joke considering the service was poor.

• Visited November 2013