On arrival hotel looks nice, nothing like the sterile chain hotels we see these days, set in nice grounds and building is fairly old with new additions over the years. Checked in smoothly and given number for my room (366), told it was ground floor which sounded good, however I must of had the furthest room possible from reception, it was that far i had to count how many steps when returning to reception area later, 250 steps in total, i was placed at the end of an anexe. I was offered at checkin an upgraded room which had recently been decorated for an extra £30 which i declined. Room was compact but appeared clean, had the usual facilities you would expect of a 4 star hotel, iron/ironing board, 24 hour room service, tv, desk area etc, the bathroom was in need of redecoration, the toilet seat was peeling as it was wooden with a film coating, the tiles above the toilet had obviously in the past been cracked and fallen off but had been poorly repaired and looked a bit of a mess. Wifi is charged at £5 for 24 hours. Restaurant prices are expensive as you would expect at a hotel near to Gatwick, a sirloin steak was £31!! although there is a bar/lounge area you can eat a burger and chips for £13. on this occasion I can say that a room at a premier inn would beat the one I had here although you don't get the facilities at a premier that this hotel offers.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Copthorne
- Copthorne London Gatwick Crawley
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Crawley
- Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick West Sussex